Jul 11, 2012, 9:31 PM EST
So the Trail Blazers are going to keep him for another year.
Hickson has agreed to a one-year deal with Portland, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network. Terms of the deal are not yet known, but ProBasketballDraft (unrelated site) says it is $4 million a year plus incentives.
Hickson averaged 15.1 points and 8.8 rebounds per game in 31 minutes a game last season. He shot 54.3 percent and had a PER of 20.2.
To get him back for a year is a good deal for the Trail Blazers.
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 32
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6