Jul 11, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
So the Trail Blazers are going to keep him for another year.
Hickson has agreed to a one-year deal with Portland, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network. Terms of the deal are not yet known, but ProBasketballDraft (unrelated site) says it is $4 million a year plus incentives.
Hickson averaged 15.1 points and 8.8 rebounds per game in 31 minutes a game last season. He shot 54.3 percent and had a PER of 20.2.
To get him back for a year is a good deal for the Trail Blazers.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30