Jul 11, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
So the Trail Blazers are going to keep him for another year.
Hickson has agreed to a one-year deal with Portland, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network. Terms of the deal are not yet known, but ProBasketballDraft (unrelated site) says it is $4 million a year plus incentives.
Hickson averaged 15.1 points and 8.8 rebounds per game in 31 minutes a game last season. He shot 54.3 percent and had a PER of 20.2.
To get him back for a year is a good deal for the Trail Blazers.
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 6
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 13
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9