Jul 11, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
So the Trail Blazers are going to keep him for another year.
Hickson has agreed to a one-year deal with Portland, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network. Terms of the deal are not yet known, but ProBasketballDraft (unrelated site) says it is $4 million a year plus incentives.
Hickson averaged 15.1 points and 8.8 rebounds per game in 31 minutes a game last season. He shot 54.3 percent and had a PER of 20.2.
To get him back for a year is a good deal for the Trail Blazers.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 13
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 18
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14