Jul 11, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
So the Trail Blazers are going to keep him for another year.
Hickson has agreed to a one-year deal with Portland, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network. Terms of the deal are not yet known, but ProBasketballDraft (unrelated site) says it is $4 million a year plus incentives.
Hickson averaged 15.1 points and 8.8 rebounds per game in 31 minutes a game last season. He shot 54.3 percent and had a PER of 20.2.
To get him back for a year is a good deal for the Trail Blazers.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 1
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 32
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 30
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25