Jul 11, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
Well, it’s not exactly the targets they had set out, but it’s not a bad signing, either.
Kaman himself confirmed he is Dallas bound on twitter, saying he is teaming up with Dirk Nowitzki.
Kaman ended up in New Orleans last season when the Clippers moved him as part of the Chris Paul trade. He is better than a lot of fans give him credit for, he averaged 13.1 points and 7.7 rebounds a game for the Hornets last season. He’s solid. He gets some boards, defends and can score from the block. He had a PER of 15.3, right about at the league average. He’s not a franchise guy, he’s not an All-Star guy (even though he made one) but he’s a respectable signing that can give the Mavericks some quality minutes.
This is a one-year deal, fitting Dallas’ mode of having a lot of cap space next summer to chase free agents again.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 26
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6