Jul 11, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
Well, it’s not exactly the targets they had set out, but it’s not a bad signing, either.
Kaman himself confirmed he is Dallas bound on twitter, saying he is teaming up with Dirk Nowitzki.
Kaman ended up in New Orleans last season when the Clippers moved him as part of the Chris Paul trade. He is better than a lot of fans give him credit for, he averaged 13.1 points and 7.7 rebounds a game for the Hornets last season. He’s solid. He gets some boards, defends and can score from the block. He had a PER of 15.3, right about at the league average. He’s not a franchise guy, he’s not an All-Star guy (even though he made one) but he’s a respectable signing that can give the Mavericks some quality minutes.
This is a one-year deal, fitting Dallas’ mode of having a lot of cap space next summer to chase free agents again.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 0
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 21
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 21
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9