Jul 11, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
Well, it’s not exactly the targets they had set out, but it’s not a bad signing, either.
Kaman himself confirmed he is Dallas bound on twitter, saying he is teaming up with Dirk Nowitzki.
Kaman ended up in New Orleans last season when the Clippers moved him as part of the Chris Paul trade. He is better than a lot of fans give him credit for, he averaged 13.1 points and 7.7 rebounds a game for the Hornets last season. He’s solid. He gets some boards, defends and can score from the block. He had a PER of 15.3, right about at the league average. He’s not a franchise guy, he’s not an All-Star guy (even though he made one) but he’s a respectable signing that can give the Mavericks some quality minutes.
This is a one-year deal, fitting Dallas’ mode of having a lot of cap space next summer to chase free agents again.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 46
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3