Jul 11, 2012, 5:41 PM EST
Well, it’s not exactly the targets they had set out, but it’s not a bad signing, either.
Kaman himself confirmed he is Dallas bound on twitter, saying he is teaming up with Dirk Nowitzki.
Kaman ended up in New Orleans last season when the Clippers moved him as part of the Chris Paul trade. He is better than a lot of fans give him credit for, he averaged 13.1 points and 7.7 rebounds a game for the Hornets last season. He’s solid. He gets some boards, defends and can score from the block. He had a PER of 15.3, right about at the league average. He’s not a franchise guy, he’s not an All-Star guy (even though he made one) but he’s a respectable signing that can give the Mavericks some quality minutes.
This is a one-year deal, fitting Dallas’ mode of having a lot of cap space next summer to chase free agents again.
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 4
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 40
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28