Jul 11, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
Well, it’s not exactly the targets they had set out, but it’s not a bad signing, either.
Kaman himself confirmed he is Dallas bound on twitter, saying he is teaming up with Dirk Nowitzki.
Kaman ended up in New Orleans last season when the Clippers moved him as part of the Chris Paul trade. He is better than a lot of fans give him credit for, he averaged 13.1 points and 7.7 rebounds a game for the Hornets last season. He’s solid. He gets some boards, defends and can score from the block. He had a PER of 15.3, right about at the league average. He’s not a franchise guy, he’s not an All-Star guy (even though he made one) but he’s a respectable signing that can give the Mavericks some quality minutes.
This is a one-year deal, fitting Dallas’ mode of having a lot of cap space next summer to chase free agents again.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 0
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 40
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 53
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16