Jul 10, 2012, 6:36 PM EST
The Philadelphia 76ers have themselves a three-point shot loving swingman.
The Sixers have acquired Dorell Wright from the Warriors for a future draft pick, reports Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com. The San Jose Mercury News says it is actually rights to a currently unsigned European player that heads to Golden State. In other words, the poo poo platter.
Wright fits with the Sixers style, the CSNPhilly.com report suggests.
Wright’s length and athleticism clearly made him appealing to a Sixers front office that covets players with the ability to play multiple positions.
Wright was expendable in Golden State because Brandon Rush outplayed him most of last season and they just drafted Harrison Barnes at No. 7 overall. Those guys get the swingman run now.
What player heads back? We don’t know yet. Which shows you how badly the Warriors wanted to keep him around. They save his $4 million salary plus luxury tax costs by shipping him out.
Wright averaged 10.3 points per game shooting 36 percent from three last season. His athleticism and size tempt you to expect more from him, but he’ll be good not great most nights. With the Sixers other, athletic starters he makes an intriguing fit.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 4
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20