Jul 10, 2012, 6:36 PM EST
The Philadelphia 76ers have themselves a three-point shot loving swingman.
The Sixers have acquired Dorell Wright from the Warriors for a future draft pick, reports Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com. The San Jose Mercury News says it is actually rights to a currently unsigned European player that heads to Golden State. In other words, the poo poo platter.
Wright fits with the Sixers style, the CSNPhilly.com report suggests.
Wright’s length and athleticism clearly made him appealing to a Sixers front office that covets players with the ability to play multiple positions.
Wright was expendable in Golden State because Brandon Rush outplayed him most of last season and they just drafted Harrison Barnes at No. 7 overall. Those guys get the swingman run now.
What player heads back? We don’t know yet. Which shows you how badly the Warriors wanted to keep him around. They save his $4 million salary plus luxury tax costs by shipping him out.
Wright averaged 10.3 points per game shooting 36 percent from three last season. His athleticism and size tempt you to expect more from him, but he’ll be good not great most nights. With the Sixers other, athletic starters he makes an intriguing fit.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11