Jul 10, 2012, 6:36 PM EDT
The Philadelphia 76ers have themselves a three-point shot loving swingman.
The Sixers have acquired Dorell Wright from the Warriors for a future draft pick, reports Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com. The San Jose Mercury News says it is actually rights to a currently unsigned European player that heads to Golden State. In other words, the poo poo platter.
Wright fits with the Sixers style, the CSNPhilly.com report suggests.
Wright’s length and athleticism clearly made him appealing to a Sixers front office that covets players with the ability to play multiple positions.
Wright was expendable in Golden State because Brandon Rush outplayed him most of last season and they just drafted Harrison Barnes at No. 7 overall. Those guys get the swingman run now.
What player heads back? We don’t know yet. Which shows you how badly the Warriors wanted to keep him around. They save his $4 million salary plus luxury tax costs by shipping him out.
Wright averaged 10.3 points per game shooting 36 percent from three last season. His athleticism and size tempt you to expect more from him, but he’ll be good not great most nights. With the Sixers other, athletic starters he makes an intriguing fit.
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 0
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20