Jul 10, 2012, 8:11 AM EDT
When the Spurs find a role player they like, they keep them.
Green took a big step forward for the Spurs last year, scoring 9.1 points per game and being a key role player for them off the bench. His agent, Bill Duffy, said this to Jeff Zillgitt of NBA.com.
“Danny has embraced the Spurs culture and developed a meaningful role.”
One down, a few more to go. The Spurs have some other outstanding free agents they are trying to bring back. Nobody doubts a deal with Tim Duncan will come (he has said he will not play anywhere else.). Also out there are Boris Diaw and Patty Mills, we’ll see what happens with them.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31