Jul 10, 2012, 8:11 AM EST
When the Spurs find a role player they like, they keep them.
Green took a big step forward for the Spurs last year, scoring 9.1 points per game and being a key role player for them off the bench. His agent, Bill Duffy, said this to Jeff Zillgitt of NBA.com.
“Danny has embraced the Spurs culture and developed a meaningful role.”
One down, a few more to go. The Spurs have some other outstanding free agents they are trying to bring back. Nobody doubts a deal with Tim Duncan will come (he has said he will not play anywhere else.). Also out there are Boris Diaw and Patty Mills, we’ll see what happens with them.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 0
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 4
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)