Jul 10, 2012, 8:11 AM EDT
When the Spurs find a role player they like, they keep them.
Green took a big step forward for the Spurs last year, scoring 9.1 points per game and being a key role player for them off the bench. His agent, Bill Duffy, said this to Jeff Zillgitt of NBA.com.
“Danny has embraced the Spurs culture and developed a meaningful role.”
One down, a few more to go. The Spurs have some other outstanding free agents they are trying to bring back. Nobody doubts a deal with Tim Duncan will come (he has said he will not play anywhere else.). Also out there are Boris Diaw and Patty Mills, we’ll see what happens with them.
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 0
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 39
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 30
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91