Jul 10, 2012, 8:11 AM EDT
When the Spurs find a role player they like, they keep them.
Green took a big step forward for the Spurs last year, scoring 9.1 points per game and being a key role player for them off the bench. His agent, Bill Duffy, said this to Jeff Zillgitt of NBA.com.
“Danny has embraced the Spurs culture and developed a meaningful role.”
One down, a few more to go. The Spurs have some other outstanding free agents they are trying to bring back. Nobody doubts a deal with Tim Duncan will come (he has said he will not play anywhere else.). Also out there are Boris Diaw and Patty Mills, we’ll see what happens with them.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65