Jul 10, 2012, 8:11 AM EDT
When the Spurs find a role player they like, they keep them.
Green took a big step forward for the Spurs last year, scoring 9.1 points per game and being a key role player for them off the bench. His agent, Bill Duffy, said this to Jeff Zillgitt of NBA.com.
“Danny has embraced the Spurs culture and developed a meaningful role.”
One down, a few more to go. The Spurs have some other outstanding free agents they are trying to bring back. Nobody doubts a deal with Tim Duncan will come (he has said he will not play anywhere else.). Also out there are Boris Diaw and Patty Mills, we’ll see what happens with them.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 11
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48