Jul 10, 2012, 3:57 PM EDT
It’s been an open secret, for most of the past season — long-time Lakers owner Jerry Buss is battling some health issues, including leg clots that had him hospitalized for a few days. Things were worse early last season but improved as the season wore on and into the playoffs. Jim Buss, his son who is running the Lakers, said he watched playoff games with his dad.
Currently Buss is hospitalized, something first reported by TMZ. The Lakers responded by issuing this statement through team spokesman John Black.
“In response to media inquiries and to dispel rumors and inaccurate reports we’d like to state that Dr. Buss is in a local hospital where he is being treated for dehydration. He is recovering and is expected to be released soon.”
We wish one of the few men who has really shaped the NBA a speedy recovery.
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 23
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4