Jul 10, 2012, 10:07 AM EDT
Conspiracy theorists like to say the plan for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to team up was hatched in Beijing during the 2008 Olympics. The three were teammates on the USA’s gold medal squad and talked about maybe someday playing together (the same way I talk about dating Kate Hudson, but believe what you want).
There may soon be another super team hatched from those games.
“We’ve talked about playing together for years,” Williams said, calling the opportunity to team up “a big part” of why Howard has requested that he be traded to Brooklyn.
After that, D-Will tried to tap dance around discussion of the trade rumors themselves, although he did say teaming up like this is the only way to compete with the Heat and he did let one interesting line slip.
“Whatever happens, happens,” he said. “I think we’ll have a good team without him. I think we’ll have an even better team with him….
“I think he likes the market, this market is a lot different than Orlando,” Williams said. “I think [building something new in Brooklyn] definitely intrigues him. It’s going to be huge.”
It will be huge. If it all comes together.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 2
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 18
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7