Jul 10, 2012, 10:07 AM EST
Conspiracy theorists like to say the plan for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to team up was hatched in Beijing during the 2008 Olympics. The three were teammates on the USA’s gold medal squad and talked about maybe someday playing together (the same way I talk about dating Kate Hudson, but believe what you want).
There may soon be another super team hatched from those games.
“We’ve talked about playing together for years,” Williams said, calling the opportunity to team up “a big part” of why Howard has requested that he be traded to Brooklyn.
After that, D-Will tried to tap dance around discussion of the trade rumors themselves, although he did say teaming up like this is the only way to compete with the Heat and he did let one interesting line slip.
“Whatever happens, happens,” he said. “I think we’ll have a good team without him. I think we’ll have an even better team with him….
“I think he likes the market, this market is a lot different than Orlando,” Williams said. “I think [building something new in Brooklyn] definitely intrigues him. It’s going to be huge.”
It will be huge. If it all comes together.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 10
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14