Jul 10, 2012, 10:07 AM EST
Conspiracy theorists like to say the plan for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to team up was hatched in Beijing during the 2008 Olympics. The three were teammates on the USA’s gold medal squad and talked about maybe someday playing together (the same way I talk about dating Kate Hudson, but believe what you want).
There may soon be another super team hatched from those games.
“We’ve talked about playing together for years,” Williams said, calling the opportunity to team up “a big part” of why Howard has requested that he be traded to Brooklyn.
After that, D-Will tried to tap dance around discussion of the trade rumors themselves, although he did say teaming up like this is the only way to compete with the Heat and he did let one interesting line slip.
“Whatever happens, happens,” he said. “I think we’ll have a good team without him. I think we’ll have an even better team with him….
“I think he likes the market, this market is a lot different than Orlando,” Williams said. “I think [building something new in Brooklyn] definitely intrigues him. It’s going to be huge.”
It will be huge. If it all comes together.
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 0
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 1
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 7
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s MVP-level season looks a lot like last season 10
- PBT Podcast: Damian Lillard can’t miss, plus Iguodala return 0
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (45)