Jul 10, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
Boston lost Allen to Miami and signed Terry already.
Now they may get Lee — he wants to play in Boston next season, he told Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe. Lee has a long-standing relationship with Doc Rivers. The problem is the Celtics don’t have the cap space to give Lee a market rate contract, so they are working on a sign-and-trade.
“Me and Doc, we’ve always had a relationship since I’ve been in the NBA,” he said. “I’m a friend of both of his kids, Austin and Jeremiah. We work out together, always see each other. Me and Doc always speak. There’s interest there, but there was no verbal agreement or anything, just hearing each other out. He expressed his interest. I expressed my interest.
“It’s not basketball-wise that needs to be discussed, it’s the front office and my agent that needs to communicate and go from there.”
So again, it’s all about money. And compensation to the Rockets in a sign-and-trade. Houston GM Daryl Morey is going hoarder on future draft picks, so if there is a deal to be had that is something to watch.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6