Jul 10, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
Boston lost Allen to Miami and signed Terry already.
Now they may get Lee — he wants to play in Boston next season, he told Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe. Lee has a long-standing relationship with Doc Rivers. The problem is the Celtics don’t have the cap space to give Lee a market rate contract, so they are working on a sign-and-trade.
“Me and Doc, we’ve always had a relationship since I’ve been in the NBA,” he said. “I’m a friend of both of his kids, Austin and Jeremiah. We work out together, always see each other. Me and Doc always speak. There’s interest there, but there was no verbal agreement or anything, just hearing each other out. He expressed his interest. I expressed my interest.
“It’s not basketball-wise that needs to be discussed, it’s the front office and my agent that needs to communicate and go from there.”
So again, it’s all about money. And compensation to the Rockets in a sign-and-trade. Houston GM Daryl Morey is going hoarder on future draft picks, so if there is a deal to be had that is something to watch.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 1
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24