Jul 10, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
Boston lost Allen to Miami and signed Terry already.
Now they may get Lee — he wants to play in Boston next season, he told Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe. Lee has a long-standing relationship with Doc Rivers. The problem is the Celtics don’t have the cap space to give Lee a market rate contract, so they are working on a sign-and-trade.
“Me and Doc, we’ve always had a relationship since I’ve been in the NBA,” he said. “I’m a friend of both of his kids, Austin and Jeremiah. We work out together, always see each other. Me and Doc always speak. There’s interest there, but there was no verbal agreement or anything, just hearing each other out. He expressed his interest. I expressed my interest.
“It’s not basketball-wise that needs to be discussed, it’s the front office and my agent that needs to communicate and go from there.”
So again, it’s all about money. And compensation to the Rockets in a sign-and-trade. Houston GM Daryl Morey is going hoarder on future draft picks, so if there is a deal to be had that is something to watch.
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 15
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 66
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 45
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33