Jul 10, 2012, 12:20 PM EST
Boston lost Allen to Miami and signed Terry already.
Now they may get Lee — he wants to play in Boston next season, he told Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe. Lee has a long-standing relationship with Doc Rivers. The problem is the Celtics don’t have the cap space to give Lee a market rate contract, so they are working on a sign-and-trade.
“Me and Doc, we’ve always had a relationship since I’ve been in the NBA,” he said. “I’m a friend of both of his kids, Austin and Jeremiah. We work out together, always see each other. Me and Doc always speak. There’s interest there, but there was no verbal agreement or anything, just hearing each other out. He expressed his interest. I expressed my interest.
“It’s not basketball-wise that needs to be discussed, it’s the front office and my agent that needs to communicate and go from there.”
So again, it’s all about money. And compensation to the Rockets in a sign-and-trade. Houston GM Daryl Morey is going hoarder on future draft picks, so if there is a deal to be had that is something to watch.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3