Jul 9, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
If you are an NBA role player and want to stay in the league, you need to have one exceptional skill, do one thing particularly well and find teams who need that skill.
Novak and the Knicks have agreed to terms of a new deal, his agent has confirmed to multiple outlets. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and NBC Sports Network tweets that is a four-year, $15 million deal.
Novak will be putting on his championship belt — ala WWE — when he hits big shots in New York for a few more years.
The deal sounds about right. Novak is a player fans love — chicks dig the long ball — who serves a purpose, is not too expensive and could be part of future trades. Good signing.
Because the NBA players union worked out a settlement with the league on an arbitration case, the Knicks were able to sign Novak using his Bird rights, keeping their mid-level exception around to chase other free agent targets.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 30
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 31
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23