Jul 9, 2012, 12:21 AM EDT
How much does Raja Bell still have in the take at age 36 next season?
That’s the question some contenders will have to ask because Bell is going to be on the market — he has a verbal agreement for a buyout deal with the Utah Jazz, Bell told the Salt Lake Tribune.
“I’ve been given the greenlight and we’ve agreed to terms,” said Bell, who’s set to make $3.4 million this season.
The buyout would make Bell a free agent.
Bell told the Tribune that he has interest in three of the leagues best teams — the Lakers, Heat and Celtics (there may be more as well). Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports reports what Bell really wants to go back to his native Miami.
Bell can still shoot the three (39 percent last season) but his game has slipped the last couple years following some injuries, including his left knee last year. His PER has been 8.2 and 8.3 percent the past couple years. His defense has not been the same.
But for a veteran minimum deal (one year, team option for the second year) it might be worth the risk.
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 4
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 30
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 10
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34