Jul 9, 2012, 12:21 AM EST
How much does Raja Bell still have in the take at age 36 next season?
That’s the question some contenders will have to ask because Bell is going to be on the market — he has a verbal agreement for a buyout deal with the Utah Jazz, Bell told the Salt Lake Tribune.
“I’ve been given the greenlight and we’ve agreed to terms,” said Bell, who’s set to make $3.4 million this season.
The buyout would make Bell a free agent.
Bell told the Tribune that he has interest in three of the leagues best teams — the Lakers, Heat and Celtics (there may be more as well). Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports reports what Bell really wants to go back to his native Miami.
Bell can still shoot the three (39 percent last season) but his game has slipped the last couple years following some injuries, including his left knee last year. His PER has been 8.2 and 8.3 percent the past couple years. His defense has not been the same.
But for a veteran minimum deal (one year, team option for the second year) it might be worth the risk.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)