Jul 9, 2012, 12:21 AM EDT
How much does Raja Bell still have in the take at age 36 next season?
That’s the question some contenders will have to ask because Bell is going to be on the market — he has a verbal agreement for a buyout deal with the Utah Jazz, Bell told the Salt Lake Tribune.
“I’ve been given the greenlight and we’ve agreed to terms,” said Bell, who’s set to make $3.4 million this season.
The buyout would make Bell a free agent.
Bell told the Tribune that he has interest in three of the leagues best teams — the Lakers, Heat and Celtics (there may be more as well). Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports reports what Bell really wants to go back to his native Miami.
Bell can still shoot the three (39 percent last season) but his game has slipped the last couple years following some injuries, including his left knee last year. His PER has been 8.2 and 8.3 percent the past couple years. His defense has not been the same.
But for a veteran minimum deal (one year, team option for the second year) it might be worth the risk.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14