Jul 9, 2012, 4:17 PM EDT
Where he is not is Las Vegas as a member of the USA Select team that goes against the United States Olympic squad in practice.
He’s pretty ticked about that, he told the Detroit News.
“No disrespect to those guys, looking at the Select Team roster, I felt like I should’ve been on there,” Monroe said. “That’s just the confidence I have in myself.”
Who got an invitation to Vegas? DeMarcus Cousins got an invite and while attitude may be an issue with Cousins is probably the young big with the most potential in the NBA, so you can see that. DeJuan Blair is there. Greg Stiemsma got an invite, as did Lance Thomas of the Hornets.
I’d love to hear the argument of how he doesn’t fit in that group. He’s a good passing traditional big, there is a spot for that in the international game.
“I don’t forget anything. Anything. I remember what people said in high school. It’s always motivation.”
KG just involuntarily smiled somewhere.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 24
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 15
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7