Jul 9, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
The only reason Dwyane Wade isn’t running with Team USA and otherwise melting in the Las Vegas heat right now is his left knee wouldn’t let him. He needed it drained during the playoffs and was dragging his left leg around, his trademark explosiveness cut down.
This is supposed to keep him sidelined for about two months, meaning he should be ready to go when Heat training camp opens in October. If he and Chris Bosh can stay healthy, and with the addition of Ray Allen, the Heat should be better next season. Which is bad news for 29 other teams.
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 11
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9