Jul 9, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
The only reason Dwyane Wade isn’t running with Team USA and otherwise melting in the Las Vegas heat right now is his left knee wouldn’t let him. He needed it drained during the playoffs and was dragging his left leg around, his trademark explosiveness cut down.
This is supposed to keep him sidelined for about two months, meaning he should be ready to go when Heat training camp opens in October. If he and Chris Bosh can stay healthy, and with the addition of Ray Allen, the Heat should be better next season. Which is bad news for 29 other teams.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15