Jul 9, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
The only reason Dwyane Wade isn’t running with Team USA and otherwise melting in the Las Vegas heat right now is his left knee wouldn’t let him. He needed it drained during the playoffs and was dragging his left leg around, his trademark explosiveness cut down.
This is supposed to keep him sidelined for about two months, meaning he should be ready to go when Heat training camp opens in October. If he and Chris Bosh can stay healthy, and with the addition of Ray Allen, the Heat should be better next season. Which is bad news for 29 other teams.
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 0
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 36
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17