Jul 9, 2012, 7:55 PM EST
Deron Williams knew what was coming.
The second the media was allowed to ask questions of the Team USA participants this at Monday’s practice in Las Vegas (where D-Will is part of the London-bound squad), he knew what he was about to be asked.
What is up with Dwight Howard? When will Dwight Howard be a Brooklyn Net? Have you spoken to Dwight Howard? And so on.
D-Will used some veteran moves to dodge really answering those questions, based on what we saw from Sekou Smith at NBA.com’s Hangtime blog.
“What about Dwight. I don’t know anything. I just hear rumors and speculation….
“There have been a lot of rumors over the past year where he is concerned, so early on I concerned myself with it,” Williams said, “but now you just have to let it play out. And whatever happens, happens. I think we’ll have a good team without him and I think we’ll have an even better team with him. But the situation is tricky.”
He should have tap dance music playing in the background as he answers these questions.
But by tomorrow, he may be answering very different Dwight Howard questions. With a smile on his face.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 15
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 17
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30