Jul 9, 2012, 7:55 PM EST
Deron Williams knew what was coming.
The second the media was allowed to ask questions of the Team USA participants this at Monday’s practice in Las Vegas (where D-Will is part of the London-bound squad), he knew what he was about to be asked.
What is up with Dwight Howard? When will Dwight Howard be a Brooklyn Net? Have you spoken to Dwight Howard? And so on.
D-Will used some veteran moves to dodge really answering those questions, based on what we saw from Sekou Smith at NBA.com’s Hangtime blog.
“What about Dwight. I don’t know anything. I just hear rumors and speculation….
“There have been a lot of rumors over the past year where he is concerned, so early on I concerned myself with it,” Williams said, “but now you just have to let it play out. And whatever happens, happens. I think we’ll have a good team without him and I think we’ll have an even better team with him. But the situation is tricky.”
He should have tap dance music playing in the background as he answers these questions.
But by tomorrow, he may be answering very different Dwight Howard questions. With a smile on his face.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 0
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 12
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)