Jul 9, 2012, 7:55 PM EDT
Deron Williams knew what was coming.
The second the media was allowed to ask questions of the Team USA participants this at Monday’s practice in Las Vegas (where D-Will is part of the London-bound squad), he knew what he was about to be asked.
What is up with Dwight Howard? When will Dwight Howard be a Brooklyn Net? Have you spoken to Dwight Howard? And so on.
D-Will used some veteran moves to dodge really answering those questions, based on what we saw from Sekou Smith at NBA.com’s Hangtime blog.
“What about Dwight. I don’t know anything. I just hear rumors and speculation….
“There have been a lot of rumors over the past year where he is concerned, so early on I concerned myself with it,” Williams said, “but now you just have to let it play out. And whatever happens, happens. I think we’ll have a good team without him and I think we’ll have an even better team with him. But the situation is tricky.”
He should have tap dance music playing in the background as he answers these questions.
But by tomorrow, he may be answering very different Dwight Howard questions. With a smile on his face.
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14