Jul 9, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
Everything you hear from players, agents and teams right now should be taken with a grain of salt.
But it’s been clear for a while that Courtney Lee — the swingman who is a good perimeter defender — was drawing a lot of interest. But he tells A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com a number that is even higher than we expected.
Lee said “more than eight teams” are in the hunt with the Celtics.
So who is in the lead? Well, Boston is in the mix, looking for someone to cover Avery Bradley, who will miss the start of the season. The Pacers are interested as well. But as always it comes down to money. Lee wants a multi-year deal and at more than the $2.2 million he made last year. But if that doesn’t work out…
“Dallas is a team, they’re looking to make one-year deals even if they have to overpay somebody so that they have enough cap space for the next year’s free agency,” Lee said. “That’s something that if me and my agent, if we can’t come to an agreement on a multi-year deal, that’s something that we’ll have to look into.”
Look for Lee to have a deal in the next couple days, although he can be patient if he wants to see what else shakes out.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3