Jul 8, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
One thing that is commonly said by reporters covering Team USA, outside of the annoying lack of media access, the joy of being in Vegas long-term, and the long travel hours traipsing the world for exhibitions and the games, there’s usually a level of awe at the amount of talent in one room.
Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, they’re all on the same team, with Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook and the like. Blake Griffin is the last guy on the roster, for crying out loud, and a lot of people wondered why he was even on the team. The answer is that he can rebound, he can run the pick and roll, and he is, despite everyone’s over-counter-reaction to his hype, a very good basketball player.
Oh, yeah, and he can do this.
“Oh, of course he dunks, that’s all he does.”
Well, aside from that not being true, a dunk still counts as two points. And in the grand tradition of Vince Carter and Frederic Weis, it’s always nice to have a poster machine ready for when you face a worthy object to dunk over.
Just in case.
Don’t let the jaded approach get you. Enjoy Blake Griffin’s dunks. The man’s a master. My favorite part is assistant coach Mike D’Antoni at the end.
Blake Griffin dunks are like live ammo, reality television and fast food. They’re bad for you but it’s still part of our culture. U-S-A! U-S-A!
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4