Jul 8, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
One thing that is commonly said by reporters covering Team USA, outside of the annoying lack of media access, the joy of being in Vegas long-term, and the long travel hours traipsing the world for exhibitions and the games, there’s usually a level of awe at the amount of talent in one room.
Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, they’re all on the same team, with Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook and the like. Blake Griffin is the last guy on the roster, for crying out loud, and a lot of people wondered why he was even on the team. The answer is that he can rebound, he can run the pick and roll, and he is, despite everyone’s over-counter-reaction to his hype, a very good basketball player.
Oh, yeah, and he can do this.
“Oh, of course he dunks, that’s all he does.”
Well, aside from that not being true, a dunk still counts as two points. And in the grand tradition of Vince Carter and Frederic Weis, it’s always nice to have a poster machine ready for when you face a worthy object to dunk over.
Just in case.
Don’t let the jaded approach get you. Enjoy Blake Griffin’s dunks. The man’s a master. My favorite part is assistant coach Mike D’Antoni at the end.
Blake Griffin dunks are like live ammo, reality television and fast food. They’re bad for you but it’s still part of our culture. U-S-A! U-S-A!
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13