Jul 8, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Perhaps you are confused, after Avery Bradley had shoulder surgery during the Eastern Conference Finals.
Yeah, he has to have the other one done. Not good.
CSN New England reports that Bradley will have surgery on his right shoulder on Tuesday, and the injury will keep him out for the start of the season.
That’s going to deal a major blow to the Celtics to start the year, as Bradley has been inserted as the starting shooting guard in a two-point-guard lineup that allows him to focus on defense while Rondo aggressively attacks the offense. It gives them a firebug to get out in transition, something they kind of need with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett brontosaurus-ing up and down the floor. Bradley also functions as backup point guard. Without him, the Celtics will have to start Jason Terry at shooting guard.
They’re exploring Courtney Lee per ESPN, and that will help with bench scoring and athleticism, but Bradley is a major part of the Celtics’ future. Having to move pieces around like that is a problem. Maybe more concerning is the number of shoulder injuries that Bradley is dealing with. He would get back on the floor in the playoffs, have the shoulder pop out, miss a few games, come back. He took a ton of wear and tear on those joints throughout the course of the year before finally shutting it down.
The Celtics’ old guys are healthy, and their young guys have health concerns. So bizarre.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 2
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights