Jul 6, 2012, 1:41 PM EST
Specifically, they need to step up at the two guard. More accurately, they need to bring in a shooting guard sixth man who keeps the pressure on Paul George to perform and can get them some points.
Mayo is the top choice for the Pacers. He’s been their top choice for a few years now. The Pacers have “great, great interest” in Mayo, one person told me….
The Pacers have to decide how much they want to pay the former lottery pick and does Mayo mind continuing to come off the bench.
Lee brings better defense, is a better three-point shooter, is an Indianapolis native and probably comes at a lower price.
Lou Williams is also now fully on the market, he costs more but can also put up more points than either of these two.
Smart money is still on a good offer for Mayo, who can come off the bench and create his own shot, the roles the Pacers need to fill. But look for some movement from the Pacers in the next five days on this front.
As for Hibbert, we may have to wait until July 14 for an answer.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 17
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6