Jul 6, 2012, 1:41 PM EST
Specifically, they need to step up at the two guard. More accurately, they need to bring in a shooting guard sixth man who keeps the pressure on Paul George to perform and can get them some points.
Mayo is the top choice for the Pacers. He’s been their top choice for a few years now. The Pacers have “great, great interest” in Mayo, one person told me….
The Pacers have to decide how much they want to pay the former lottery pick and does Mayo mind continuing to come off the bench.
Lee brings better defense, is a better three-point shooter, is an Indianapolis native and probably comes at a lower price.
Lou Williams is also now fully on the market, he costs more but can also put up more points than either of these two.
Smart money is still on a good offer for Mayo, who can come off the bench and create his own shot, the roles the Pacers need to fill. But look for some movement from the Pacers in the next five days on this front.
As for Hibbert, we may have to wait until July 14 for an answer.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 9
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5