Jul 6, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
Specifically, they need to step up at the two guard. More accurately, they need to bring in a shooting guard sixth man who keeps the pressure on Paul George to perform and can get them some points.
Mayo is the top choice for the Pacers. He’s been their top choice for a few years now. The Pacers have “great, great interest” in Mayo, one person told me….
The Pacers have to decide how much they want to pay the former lottery pick and does Mayo mind continuing to come off the bench.
Lee brings better defense, is a better three-point shooter, is an Indianapolis native and probably comes at a lower price.
Lou Williams is also now fully on the market, he costs more but can also put up more points than either of these two.
Smart money is still on a good offer for Mayo, who can come off the bench and create his own shot, the roles the Pacers need to fill. But look for some movement from the Pacers in the next five days on this front.
As for Hibbert, we may have to wait until July 14 for an answer.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35