Jul 6, 2012, 1:41 PM EST
Specifically, they need to step up at the two guard. More accurately, they need to bring in a shooting guard sixth man who keeps the pressure on Paul George to perform and can get them some points.
Mayo is the top choice for the Pacers. He’s been their top choice for a few years now. The Pacers have “great, great interest” in Mayo, one person told me….
The Pacers have to decide how much they want to pay the former lottery pick and does Mayo mind continuing to come off the bench.
Lee brings better defense, is a better three-point shooter, is an Indianapolis native and probably comes at a lower price.
Lou Williams is also now fully on the market, he costs more but can also put up more points than either of these two.
Smart money is still on a good offer for Mayo, who can come off the bench and create his own shot, the roles the Pacers need to fill. But look for some movement from the Pacers in the next five days on this front.
As for Hibbert, we may have to wait until July 14 for an answer.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 13
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 40
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31