Jul 6, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
Specifically, they need to step up at the two guard. More accurately, they need to bring in a shooting guard sixth man who keeps the pressure on Paul George to perform and can get them some points.
Mayo is the top choice for the Pacers. He’s been their top choice for a few years now. The Pacers have “great, great interest” in Mayo, one person told me….
The Pacers have to decide how much they want to pay the former lottery pick and does Mayo mind continuing to come off the bench.
Lee brings better defense, is a better three-point shooter, is an Indianapolis native and probably comes at a lower price.
Lou Williams is also now fully on the market, he costs more but can also put up more points than either of these two.
Smart money is still on a good offer for Mayo, who can come off the bench and create his own shot, the roles the Pacers need to fill. But look for some movement from the Pacers in the next five days on this front.
As for Hibbert, we may have to wait until July 14 for an answer.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 32
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 65
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19