Jul 6, 2012, 10:46 AM EDT
Not Drake. Not Chris Brown.
Nobody is keeping Tony Parker out of the Olympics.
The French point guard has been “given the green light” by doctors to compete for France in the Olympics and he will play in some of their tune-up games in the next few weeks, the team announced (via the AP).
“The two (Spurs-chosen) ophthalmologists confirmed the opinion of the French doctor who operated on Tony Parker, and the two Swiss specialists who also examined the player last Thursday, and indicated that he can resume playing,” the team said in a statement.
As you recall, Parker was hanging out in a New York club when rapper Drake and singer/dancer/whatever Chris Brown got in a fight over Rihanna. Because she is totally worth it, the way she plays hard to get. Anyway, it was a huge fight between the two entourages that included flying bottles like in an old West salon fight.
And Parker got hit in the eye with a bottle while reportedly trying to protect his date. The injury scratched Parker’s cornea and he required surgery, saying he almost lost his eye in the incident. Parker has sued the owners of the club over the incident.
It’s behind him now. Parker will be participate in the Olympics for a French team with some talent (Nicolas Batum, Borris Diaw) and have a shot at a medal. France’s first game in London? July 29 against the United States.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49