Jul 6, 2012, 10:46 AM EDT
Not Drake. Not Chris Brown.
Nobody is keeping Tony Parker out of the Olympics.
The French point guard has been “given the green light” by doctors to compete for France in the Olympics and he will play in some of their tune-up games in the next few weeks, the team announced (via the AP).
“The two (Spurs-chosen) ophthalmologists confirmed the opinion of the French doctor who operated on Tony Parker, and the two Swiss specialists who also examined the player last Thursday, and indicated that he can resume playing,” the team said in a statement.
As you recall, Parker was hanging out in a New York club when rapper Drake and singer/dancer/whatever Chris Brown got in a fight over Rihanna. Because she is totally worth it, the way she plays hard to get. Anyway, it was a huge fight between the two entourages that included flying bottles like in an old West salon fight.
And Parker got hit in the eye with a bottle while reportedly trying to protect his date. The injury scratched Parker’s cornea and he required surgery, saying he almost lost his eye in the incident. Parker has sued the owners of the club over the incident.
It’s behind him now. Parker will be participate in the Olympics for a French team with some talent (Nicolas Batum, Borris Diaw) and have a shot at a medal. France’s first game in London? July 29 against the United States.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 38
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18