Jul 6, 2012, 10:46 AM EST
Not Drake. Not Chris Brown.
Nobody is keeping Tony Parker out of the Olympics.
The French point guard has been “given the green light” by doctors to compete for France in the Olympics and he will play in some of their tune-up games in the next few weeks, the team announced (via the AP).
“The two (Spurs-chosen) ophthalmologists confirmed the opinion of the French doctor who operated on Tony Parker, and the two Swiss specialists who also examined the player last Thursday, and indicated that he can resume playing,” the team said in a statement.
As you recall, Parker was hanging out in a New York club when rapper Drake and singer/dancer/whatever Chris Brown got in a fight over Rihanna. Because she is totally worth it, the way she plays hard to get. Anyway, it was a huge fight between the two entourages that included flying bottles like in an old West salon fight.
And Parker got hit in the eye with a bottle while reportedly trying to protect his date. The injury scratched Parker’s cornea and he required surgery, saying he almost lost his eye in the incident. Parker has sued the owners of the club over the incident.
It’s behind him now. Parker will be participate in the Olympics for a French team with some talent (Nicolas Batum, Borris Diaw) and have a shot at a medal. France’s first game in London? July 29 against the United States.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 4
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8