Jul 6, 2012, 10:46 AM EDT
Not Drake. Not Chris Brown.
Nobody is keeping Tony Parker out of the Olympics.
The French point guard has been “given the green light” by doctors to compete for France in the Olympics and he will play in some of their tune-up games in the next few weeks, the team announced (via the AP).
“The two (Spurs-chosen) ophthalmologists confirmed the opinion of the French doctor who operated on Tony Parker, and the two Swiss specialists who also examined the player last Thursday, and indicated that he can resume playing,” the team said in a statement.
As you recall, Parker was hanging out in a New York club when rapper Drake and singer/dancer/whatever Chris Brown got in a fight over Rihanna. Because she is totally worth it, the way she plays hard to get. Anyway, it was a huge fight between the two entourages that included flying bottles like in an old West salon fight.
And Parker got hit in the eye with a bottle while reportedly trying to protect his date. The injury scratched Parker’s cornea and he required surgery, saying he almost lost his eye in the incident. Parker has sued the owners of the club over the incident.
It’s behind him now. Parker will be participate in the Olympics for a French team with some talent (Nicolas Batum, Borris Diaw) and have a shot at a medal. France’s first game in London? July 29 against the United States.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50