Jul 6, 2012, 10:46 AM EDT
Not Drake. Not Chris Brown.
Nobody is keeping Tony Parker out of the Olympics.
The French point guard has been “given the green light” by doctors to compete for France in the Olympics and he will play in some of their tune-up games in the next few weeks, the team announced (via the AP).
“The two (Spurs-chosen) ophthalmologists confirmed the opinion of the French doctor who operated on Tony Parker, and the two Swiss specialists who also examined the player last Thursday, and indicated that he can resume playing,” the team said in a statement.
As you recall, Parker was hanging out in a New York club when rapper Drake and singer/dancer/whatever Chris Brown got in a fight over Rihanna. Because she is totally worth it, the way she plays hard to get. Anyway, it was a huge fight between the two entourages that included flying bottles like in an old West salon fight.
And Parker got hit in the eye with a bottle while reportedly trying to protect his date. The injury scratched Parker’s cornea and he required surgery, saying he almost lost his eye in the incident. Parker has sued the owners of the club over the incident.
It’s behind him now. Parker will be participate in the Olympics for a French team with some talent (Nicolas Batum, Borris Diaw) and have a shot at a medal. France’s first game in London? July 29 against the United States.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 9
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71