Not even Drake can keep Tony Parker out of Olympics

Jul 6, 2012, 10:46 AM EDT

Tony Parker AP

Not Drake. Not Chris Brown.

Nobody is keeping Tony Parker out of the Olympics.

The French point guard has been “given the green light” by doctors to compete for France in the Olympics and he will play in some of their tune-up games in the next few weeks, the team announced (via the AP).

“The two (Spurs-chosen) ophthalmologists confirmed the opinion of the French doctor who operated on Tony Parker, and the two Swiss specialists who also examined the player last Thursday, and indicated that he can resume playing,” the team said in a statement.

As you recall, Parker was hanging out in a New York club when rapper Drake and singer/dancer/whatever Chris Brown got in a fight over Rihanna. Because she is totally worth it, the way she plays hard to get. Anyway, it was a huge fight between the two entourages that included flying bottles like in an old West salon fight.

And Parker got hit in the eye with a bottle while reportedly trying to protect his date. The injury scratched Parker’s cornea and he required surgery, saying he almost lost his eye in the incident. Parker has sued the owners of the club over the incident.

It’s behind him now. Parker will be participate in the Olympics for a French team with some talent (Nicolas Batum, Borris Diaw) and have a shot at a medal. France’s first game in London? July 29 against the United States.

1. isujames - Jul 6, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Drake had nothing to do with his eye getting f*#%#d ^.He was @ the wrong place @ the wrong time.

2. thraiderskin - Jul 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

How is Drake even famous, he can’t really sing, I don’t know if you call what he does Rap and how the hell did he get any street cred? The fact Tony Parker is only suing the club is rediculous as both the tube-steak(drake) and the chick-beater (brown) clearly are more responsible. If I was France, I’d sue both those jokers for nearly costing them their star player.

3. zacksdad - Jul 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Wow, he can play in the Olympics. I thought his eye was so bad that the owners are being sued for 20 million for allowing the rappers in the club at the same time. Maybe he should sue the city for allowing them in the same city at the same time, then the state, and then the US.

4. mgavin78 - Jul 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Chris Brown is a piece of crap.

5. simplekatt - Jul 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Like Chris Brown gives a f–k what you think.

6. thetruth702 - Jul 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM

you sound like an old man. those dang kids and their party. come on now. like you really know if they were fighting iver a chick. did you go ask one of them? pretty sure you didnt. must be a liberal eh?

7. thetruth702 - Jul 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM

thraiderskin.. come on now. he is mostpy known for singin. quit hatin. look up the song im goin in and tell me it isnt hard. he can rap

• thraiderskin - Jul 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM

No truth (i’m not sure if you are being serious)… you need to go back listen, he cannot sing, he has but one pitch and he is about as “hard” as a rich kid from Canada (F’ing Canada!) can be. I doubt Degrassi High(Nickelodeon?) is what makes him “hard.” (Wikepedia).

8. furio2929 - Jul 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM

zacksdad ur just a hater. As A person who got a rubber band in the eye bye some men who were acting like children, I have gone thru the pain and waiting to see if it would have affected my eye. I was lucky that the Eye is a very incredible organ that builds its self back. The only problem is , I will always remember how close I came to loosing my eye sight. Not fun. I hope it never happens to you.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches