Jul 6, 2012, 10:06 AM EST
He’s won the NBA Dunk Contest. He’s called the “human pogo stick.” He’s got plenty of NBA highlights but his game is not at the point he’s racking up a lot of NBA minutes.
Now Jeremy Evans is going to get three more years to prove he can be a part of an NBA rotation. The Salt Lake Tribune spoke with his agent and is reporting that Evans and the Jazz have reached a deal on three-year, $5.5 million contract.
The rail-thin 6’9” forward only got in 29 games for the Jazz last season and the minutes he saw were garbage time ones mostly (7.5 minutes per game in the games he got off the bench). That said, in his limited minutes he was very efficient — he shot 64.3 percent and had a PER of 19.6. Hopefully he can prove he can do that in extended minutes in the coming seasons.
He can start proving that at Summer League, where he will be part of the Jazz’s team in Las Vegas.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 58
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7