Jul 6, 2012, 10:06 AM EDT
He’s won the NBA Dunk Contest. He’s called the “human pogo stick.” He’s got plenty of NBA highlights but his game is not at the point he’s racking up a lot of NBA minutes.
Now Jeremy Evans is going to get three more years to prove he can be a part of an NBA rotation. The Salt Lake Tribune spoke with his agent and is reporting that Evans and the Jazz have reached a deal on three-year, $5.5 million contract.
The rail-thin 6’9” forward only got in 29 games for the Jazz last season and the minutes he saw were garbage time ones mostly (7.5 minutes per game in the games he got off the bench). That said, in his limited minutes he was very efficient — he shot 64.3 percent and had a PER of 19.6. Hopefully he can prove he can do that in extended minutes in the coming seasons.
He can start proving that at Summer League, where he will be part of the Jazz’s team in Las Vegas.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final