Jul 6, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
Well, that didn’t take long.
Chris Paul was forced to leave to get an X-ray after hurting his thumb. The Americans don’t believe the injury is serious and hope Paul can practice Saturday.
Pretty much every reporter there tweeted this was precautionary and no big deal, so you can exhale. Sounds like he is fine.
The bigger injury note is that Anthony Davis, the No. 1 overall pick of the New Orleans Hornets sat out practice due to his sprained ankle. When that injury first happened it was called a “severe” sprain that might force him to miss camp, but then it was spun by the PR machine as not that bad and he would be at camp.
Well, he was there. He was already a long shot to make the team. Read the tea leafs from there yourself.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 1
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8