Jul 6, 2012, 7:35 PM EST
Well, that didn’t take long.
Chris Paul was forced to leave to get an X-ray after hurting his thumb. The Americans don’t believe the injury is serious and hope Paul can practice Saturday.
Pretty much every reporter there tweeted this was precautionary and no big deal, so you can exhale. Sounds like he is fine.
The bigger injury note is that Anthony Davis, the No. 1 overall pick of the New Orleans Hornets sat out practice due to his sprained ankle. When that injury first happened it was called a “severe” sprain that might force him to miss camp, but then it was spun by the PR machine as not that bad and he would be at camp.
Well, he was there. He was already a long shot to make the team. Read the tea leafs from there yourself.
- Carmelo Anthony after latest home loss to Grizzlies: ‘I think it’s in our heads’ 0
- Brook Lopez suffers broken foot, out for the season 23
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 10
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 16
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)