Jul 6, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
At age 38, Marcus Camby still brings some things to the table — height (6’11”), shot blocking, a deadly pick-and-pop midrange jumper. All things coveted by some contenders.
So that’s who he is meeting with, tweets Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle:
Rockets center Marcus Camby to meet with Heat on Saturday, source said. Knicks next. Rockets unlikely, and not until after Asik decision.
Camby reportedly wants to play for a contender and wants to get paid — he wants at least the mini mid-level exception of $3 million, not a veteran’s minimum deal. Which means while the Heat are interested and meeting with him they cannot make that offer until after Ray Allen makes his decision. If Allen chooses Miami the Heat may still try to put together a sign-and-trade with the Rockets, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
The Knicks also are shopping their MLE around. Dallas and San Antonio also both have intereest in Camby
For both teams Camby would be a good fit as a big off the bench who could provide quality minutes at both ends. He’s just solid and his game ages well. It’s all going to come down to money. Like always.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 72
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32