Jul 6, 2012, 5:12 PM EST
At age 38, Marcus Camby still brings some things to the table — height (6’11”), shot blocking, a deadly pick-and-pop midrange jumper. All things coveted by some contenders.
So that’s who he is meeting with, tweets Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle:
Rockets center Marcus Camby to meet with Heat on Saturday, source said. Knicks next. Rockets unlikely, and not until after Asik decision.
Camby reportedly wants to play for a contender and wants to get paid — he wants at least the mini mid-level exception of $3 million, not a veteran’s minimum deal. Which means while the Heat are interested and meeting with him they cannot make that offer until after Ray Allen makes his decision. If Allen chooses Miami the Heat may still try to put together a sign-and-trade with the Rockets, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
The Knicks also are shopping their MLE around. Dallas and San Antonio also both have intereest in Camby
For both teams Camby would be a good fit as a big off the bench who could provide quality minutes at both ends. He’s just solid and his game ages well. It’s all going to come down to money. Like always.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42