Jul 5, 2012, 11:38 AM EDT
The Knicks lost out on their target — they thought they were the front-runners for Steve Nash, but he chose being close to his family over his second home in New York.
Knicks have emerged as favorites to sign Raymond Felton, the Daily News has learned.
This would be a solid get for the Knicks, Felton may be the best point left on the market. He and Jeremy Lin — who the Knicks will pay plenty to keep — form a good duo at the one spot.
Felton was a Knick for the half a season — the time the Knicks were Amare Stoudemire’s team before the Carmelo Anthony trade. Felton was part of the package shipped to Denver, then he played last season in Portland where he never felt comfortable.
That half a season with the Knicks he averaged 17.1 points and 9 assists per game with a PER of 17.3. But this is a very different Knicks team and offense now that runs the ball through Carmelo Anthony a lot more. The Knicks would be smart to run some Felton/Stoudemire pick-and-rolls in the offense if they land him.
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 0
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 1
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 12
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 10
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52