Jul 5, 2012, 11:38 AM EDT
The Knicks lost out on their target — they thought they were the front-runners for Steve Nash, but he chose being close to his family over his second home in New York.
Knicks have emerged as favorites to sign Raymond Felton, the Daily News has learned.
This would be a solid get for the Knicks, Felton may be the best point left on the market. He and Jeremy Lin — who the Knicks will pay plenty to keep — form a good duo at the one spot.
Felton was a Knick for the half a season — the time the Knicks were Amare Stoudemire’s team before the Carmelo Anthony trade. Felton was part of the package shipped to Denver, then he played last season in Portland where he never felt comfortable.
That half a season with the Knicks he averaged 17.1 points and 9 assists per game with a PER of 17.3. But this is a very different Knicks team and offense now that runs the ball through Carmelo Anthony a lot more. The Knicks would be smart to run some Felton/Stoudemire pick-and-rolls in the offense if they land him.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7