Jul 5, 2012, 11:38 AM EDT
The Knicks lost out on their target — they thought they were the front-runners for Steve Nash, but he chose being close to his family over his second home in New York.
Knicks have emerged as favorites to sign Raymond Felton, the Daily News has learned.
This would be a solid get for the Knicks, Felton may be the best point left on the market. He and Jeremy Lin — who the Knicks will pay plenty to keep — form a good duo at the one spot.
Felton was a Knick for the half a season — the time the Knicks were Amare Stoudemire’s team before the Carmelo Anthony trade. Felton was part of the package shipped to Denver, then he played last season in Portland where he never felt comfortable.
That half a season with the Knicks he averaged 17.1 points and 9 assists per game with a PER of 17.3. But this is a very different Knicks team and offense now that runs the ball through Carmelo Anthony a lot more. The Knicks would be smart to run some Felton/Stoudemire pick-and-rolls in the offense if they land him.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3