Jul 5, 2012, 11:38 AM EDT
The Knicks lost out on their target — they thought they were the front-runners for Steve Nash, but he chose being close to his family over his second home in New York.
Knicks have emerged as favorites to sign Raymond Felton, the Daily News has learned.
This would be a solid get for the Knicks, Felton may be the best point left on the market. He and Jeremy Lin — who the Knicks will pay plenty to keep — form a good duo at the one spot.
Felton was a Knick for the half a season — the time the Knicks were Amare Stoudemire’s team before the Carmelo Anthony trade. Felton was part of the package shipped to Denver, then he played last season in Portland where he never felt comfortable.
That half a season with the Knicks he averaged 17.1 points and 9 assists per game with a PER of 17.3. But this is a very different Knicks team and offense now that runs the ball through Carmelo Anthony a lot more. The Knicks would be smart to run some Felton/Stoudemire pick-and-rolls in the offense if they land him.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 1
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 4
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 36
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 29
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 25