Jul 5, 2012, 7:39 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• I have said I expect the Indiana Pacers to match the max-offer (four years, $58 million) that the Trail Blazers gave Roy Hibbert. Because to me, Indy is pretty average without a true center like Hibbert in the paint and they had to know they would be paying him $12 million or so a year anyway. But Mike Wells, the Pacers beat writer for the Indy Star, doesn’t think they will match it. He’s much closer, maybe I read it wrong. Hibbert will sign the Portland offer July 11 and the Pacers will have three days to make the call.
• The Knicks are still really trying to re-sign J.R. Smith.
• Nicolas Batum‘s agent met with the Trail Blazers front office Thursday and the Blazers came out of the meeting and said they will match any qualifying offer he signs and they will not discuss a sign-and-trade. That will keep his value down.
• Is getting the gang back together for one more run the smart play for the Celtics?
• The Bobcats have waived Jamario Moon.
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 18
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 16
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 55
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 38
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 87
- Report: Heat offer Chris Bosh full max contract to keep him from Rockets 26
- PBT Extra: LeBron James returns to Cleveland to try and cement legacy 18
- Deal set: Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, which for L.A. is largely about draft pick (as is Gasol for Boozer idea) 38