Jul 5, 2012, 9:26 AM EDT
There is no way the Hornets were letting him go. While Gordon issued a statement — a plea really — saying he wanted to go to Phoenix it was clear New Orleans would match the Gordon offer and keep him
Now multiple sources are confirming this, including David Aldridge at NBA.com.
It’s simple. The Hornets have in Gordon maybe the best young two guard in the league. Their rebuild efforts got a huge boost when they landed Anthony Davis in the draft, but Gordon was always part of it.
Gordon is on the ground floor of something that could be very special in the Big Easy. There is a lot of work to do to build and grow that team (both from players and management) but they have the player foundation to make it work now.
And Gordon is part of that. No way they would let him walk at any price.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 4
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25