Jul 5, 2012, 9:26 AM EDT
There is no way the Hornets were letting him go. While Gordon issued a statement — a plea really — saying he wanted to go to Phoenix it was clear New Orleans would match the Gordon offer and keep him
Now multiple sources are confirming this, including David Aldridge at NBA.com.
It’s simple. The Hornets have in Gordon maybe the best young two guard in the league. Their rebuild efforts got a huge boost when they landed Anthony Davis in the draft, but Gordon was always part of it.
Gordon is on the ground floor of something that could be very special in the Big Easy. There is a lot of work to do to build and grow that team (both from players and management) but they have the player foundation to make it work now.
And Gordon is part of that. No way they would let him walk at any price.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6