Jul 5, 2012, 9:26 AM EDT
There is no way the Hornets were letting him go. While Gordon issued a statement — a plea really — saying he wanted to go to Phoenix it was clear New Orleans would match the Gordon offer and keep him
Now multiple sources are confirming this, including David Aldridge at NBA.com.
It’s simple. The Hornets have in Gordon maybe the best young two guard in the league. Their rebuild efforts got a huge boost when they landed Anthony Davis in the draft, but Gordon was always part of it.
Gordon is on the ground floor of something that could be very special in the Big Easy. There is a lot of work to do to build and grow that team (both from players and management) but they have the player foundation to make it work now.
And Gordon is part of that. No way they would let him walk at any price.
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 0
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 21
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56