Jul 5, 2012, 4:29 PM EST
Jared Sullinger is going to learn how to be an NBA big from some real professionals next season.
First, there’s some guy named Kevin Garnett on the Celtics roster who is supposed to be pretty good. But now there also will be Brandon Bass, reports Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald and we got more details from A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
His agent Tony Dutt told CSNNE.com that the particulars are still being ironed out, but “we’ve essentially got a deal.” Although Dutt wouldn’t divulge the particulars, it is expected to be a three-year deal worth around $20 million – comparable to the four-year, $26 million deal Glen Davis received last summer from the Orlando Magic.
“This is where he always wanted to be,” Dutt said. “So it was just a matter of getting it done which was something both the Celtics and Brandon felt pretty good about making happen.”
Bass gave the Celtics a solid 12.5 points and 6.6 rebounds a game, plus had a couple very good playoff games for the Celtics because of his versatility and ability to knock down the midrange. He’s a role player at the four but a solid, more consistent one than Big Baby was.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)