Jul 5, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT
Jared Sullinger is going to learn how to be an NBA big from some real professionals next season.
First, there’s some guy named Kevin Garnett on the Celtics roster who is supposed to be pretty good. But now there also will be Brandon Bass, reports Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald and we got more details from A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
His agent Tony Dutt told CSNNE.com that the particulars are still being ironed out, but “we’ve essentially got a deal.” Although Dutt wouldn’t divulge the particulars, it is expected to be a three-year deal worth around $20 million – comparable to the four-year, $26 million deal Glen Davis received last summer from the Orlando Magic.
“This is where he always wanted to be,” Dutt said. “So it was just a matter of getting it done which was something both the Celtics and Brandon felt pretty good about making happen.”
Bass gave the Celtics a solid 12.5 points and 6.6 rebounds a game, plus had a couple very good playoff games for the Celtics because of his versatility and ability to knock down the midrange. He’s a role player at the four but a solid, more consistent one than Big Baby was.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36