Jul 5, 2012, 4:29 PM EST
Jared Sullinger is going to learn how to be an NBA big from some real professionals next season.
First, there’s some guy named Kevin Garnett on the Celtics roster who is supposed to be pretty good. But now there also will be Brandon Bass, reports Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald and we got more details from A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
His agent Tony Dutt told CSNNE.com that the particulars are still being ironed out, but “we’ve essentially got a deal.” Although Dutt wouldn’t divulge the particulars, it is expected to be a three-year deal worth around $20 million – comparable to the four-year, $26 million deal Glen Davis received last summer from the Orlando Magic.
“This is where he always wanted to be,” Dutt said. “So it was just a matter of getting it done which was something both the Celtics and Brandon felt pretty good about making happen.”
Bass gave the Celtics a solid 12.5 points and 6.6 rebounds a game, plus had a couple very good playoff games for the Celtics because of his versatility and ability to knock down the midrange. He’s a role player at the four but a solid, more consistent one than Big Baby was.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 7
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4