Jul 5, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT
Jared Sullinger is going to learn how to be an NBA big from some real professionals next season.
First, there’s some guy named Kevin Garnett on the Celtics roster who is supposed to be pretty good. But now there also will be Brandon Bass, reports Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald and we got more details from A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
His agent Tony Dutt told CSNNE.com that the particulars are still being ironed out, but “we’ve essentially got a deal.” Although Dutt wouldn’t divulge the particulars, it is expected to be a three-year deal worth around $20 million – comparable to the four-year, $26 million deal Glen Davis received last summer from the Orlando Magic.
“This is where he always wanted to be,” Dutt said. “So it was just a matter of getting it done which was something both the Celtics and Brandon felt pretty good about making happen.”
Bass gave the Celtics a solid 12.5 points and 6.6 rebounds a game, plus had a couple very good playoff games for the Celtics because of his versatility and ability to knock down the midrange. He’s a role player at the four but a solid, more consistent one than Big Baby was.
- PBT Extra: What does Kevin Love’s injury mean for his summer plans? 0
- Report: Lakers interested in signing Rajon Rondo as a free agent ‘only at a certain low price’ 18
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 30
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 26
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 8
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25