Jul 5, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT
Jared Sullinger is going to learn how to be an NBA big from some real professionals next season.
First, there’s some guy named Kevin Garnett on the Celtics roster who is supposed to be pretty good. But now there also will be Brandon Bass, reports Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald and we got more details from A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
His agent Tony Dutt told CSNNE.com that the particulars are still being ironed out, but “we’ve essentially got a deal.” Although Dutt wouldn’t divulge the particulars, it is expected to be a three-year deal worth around $20 million – comparable to the four-year, $26 million deal Glen Davis received last summer from the Orlando Magic.
“This is where he always wanted to be,” Dutt said. “So it was just a matter of getting it done which was something both the Celtics and Brandon felt pretty good about making happen.”
Bass gave the Celtics a solid 12.5 points and 6.6 rebounds a game, plus had a couple very good playoff games for the Celtics because of his versatility and ability to knock down the midrange. He’s a role player at the four but a solid, more consistent one than Big Baby was.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 18
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4