Jul 4, 2012, 11:30 AM EST
France enters the London Olympics with an outside shot at a medal. Everyone expects the gold and silver will go to the USA and Spain in some order, but bronze is wide open and France brings some real talent — Tony Parker, Nicolas Batum, Boris Diaw…
But not Joakim Noah. Remember he rolled his ankle pretty badly back during Chicago’s injury-filled playoff run?
Noah made the announcement today, as reported in L’Equipe, explaining that “I’m absolutely not ready, not ready to run, not ready to jump. And even less to play. I need more time and work. I’m not in form for someone who wants to compete in the Olympics. And given the problems that I have with my ankles, not going to the Games seemed to be the most reasonable decision.”
Well, at least one key player is listening to Bulls management. That would not be Luol Deng, however.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5