Jul 4, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
France enters the London Olympics with an outside shot at a medal. Everyone expects the gold and silver will go to the USA and Spain in some order, but bronze is wide open and France brings some real talent — Tony Parker, Nicolas Batum, Boris Diaw…
But not Joakim Noah. Remember he rolled his ankle pretty badly back during Chicago’s injury-filled playoff run?
Noah made the announcement today, as reported in L’Equipe, explaining that “I’m absolutely not ready, not ready to run, not ready to jump. And even less to play. I need more time and work. I’m not in form for someone who wants to compete in the Olympics. And given the problems that I have with my ankles, not going to the Games seemed to be the most reasonable decision.”
Well, at least one key player is listening to Bulls management. That would not be Luol Deng, however.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11