Jul 4, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
France enters the London Olympics with an outside shot at a medal. Everyone expects the gold and silver will go to the USA and Spain in some order, but bronze is wide open and France brings some real talent — Tony Parker, Nicolas Batum, Boris Diaw…
But not Joakim Noah. Remember he rolled his ankle pretty badly back during Chicago’s injury-filled playoff run?
Noah made the announcement today, as reported in L’Equipe, explaining that “I’m absolutely not ready, not ready to run, not ready to jump. And even less to play. I need more time and work. I’m not in form for someone who wants to compete in the Olympics. And given the problems that I have with my ankles, not going to the Games seemed to be the most reasonable decision.”
Well, at least one key player is listening to Bulls management. That would not be Luol Deng, however.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36