Jul 4, 2012, 11:30 AM EST
France enters the London Olympics with an outside shot at a medal. Everyone expects the gold and silver will go to the USA and Spain in some order, but bronze is wide open and France brings some real talent — Tony Parker, Nicolas Batum, Boris Diaw…
But not Joakim Noah. Remember he rolled his ankle pretty badly back during Chicago’s injury-filled playoff run?
Noah made the announcement today, as reported in L’Equipe, explaining that “I’m absolutely not ready, not ready to run, not ready to jump. And even less to play. I need more time and work. I’m not in form for someone who wants to compete in the Olympics. And given the problems that I have with my ankles, not going to the Games seemed to be the most reasonable decision.”
Well, at least one key player is listening to Bulls management. That would not be Luol Deng, however.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 14
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 16
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17