Jul 3, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Clippers fans are not going to like this.
Reggie Evans, and his physical play and flopping, became a Clippers fan favorite over the course of season. But multiple reports now have him gone from Los Angeles headed to Brooklyn. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network broke the report.
Brooklyn is finalizing a sign-and-trade deal with the Los Angeles Clippers for Reggie Evans, league sources tell Y! Sports.
The deal is for three years, $5 million total, a sum the Nets can absorb into a trade exception they have. The Clippers will get a future second round pick.
Evans is an old-school power forward who can do one thing exceptionally well — rebound. Last season he grabbed one in five rebounds when he was on the floor, and that was actually worse than the year before (he grabbed 25 percent of the available boards when he was on the floor with the Raptors). He is physical, draws and gives fouls, defends hard, turns the ball over too much but can score on putback and dunks.
Nets fans, you’re going to love him. Ask Clipper fan.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35