Jul 3, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Clippers fans are not going to like this.
Reggie Evans, and his physical play and flopping, became a Clippers fan favorite over the course of season. But multiple reports now have him gone from Los Angeles headed to Brooklyn. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network broke the report.
Brooklyn is finalizing a sign-and-trade deal with the Los Angeles Clippers for Reggie Evans, league sources tell Y! Sports.
The deal is for three years, $5 million total, a sum the Nets can absorb into a trade exception they have. The Clippers will get a future second round pick.
Evans is an old-school power forward who can do one thing exceptionally well — rebound. Last season he grabbed one in five rebounds when he was on the floor, and that was actually worse than the year before (he grabbed 25 percent of the available boards when he was on the floor with the Raptors). He is physical, draws and gives fouls, defends hard, turns the ball over too much but can score on putback and dunks.
Nets fans, you’re going to love him. Ask Clipper fan.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18