Jul 3, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Clippers fans are not going to like this.
Reggie Evans, and his physical play and flopping, became a Clippers fan favorite over the course of season. But multiple reports now have him gone from Los Angeles headed to Brooklyn. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network broke the report.
Brooklyn is finalizing a sign-and-trade deal with the Los Angeles Clippers for Reggie Evans, league sources tell Y! Sports.
The deal is for three years, $5 million total, a sum the Nets can absorb into a trade exception they have. The Clippers will get a future second round pick.
Evans is an old-school power forward who can do one thing exceptionally well — rebound. Last season he grabbed one in five rebounds when he was on the floor, and that was actually worse than the year before (he grabbed 25 percent of the available boards when he was on the floor with the Raptors). He is physical, draws and gives fouls, defends hard, turns the ball over too much but can score on putback and dunks.
Nets fans, you’re going to love him. Ask Clipper fan.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 10
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 25
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9