Jul 3, 2012, 10:43 AM EST
If Bulls fans were hoping to see their team get in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes or go after some other big name free agent, we’re sorry.
Sounds like the Bulls are going to wait for Derrick Rose to heal and stay with the guys they have pretty much, if this tweet from the reliable K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune is to be believed.
Hinrich drawing plenty of interest, emerging as Bulls’ top target. Gonna take more than vet’s minimum to get him and Bulls know it.
Don’t get me wrong, I like Hinrich. His three point shooting and solid defense make him a good fit with what the Bulls want to do, he can be a solid part of the rotation.
But this makes clear what the Bulls are planning. Which is to basically play the cards in their hand. I get that, it’s a good hand. But it may mean this year will be tough — Rose will not be back from his ACL surgery until likely around the first of the year, and even then the first year after an ACL injury tends to be a down one for players coming off that injury.
Maybe something changes, but the Bulls will be about defense and waiting for Rose.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 17
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6