Jul 3, 2012, 10:43 AM EDT
If Bulls fans were hoping to see their team get in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes or go after some other big name free agent, we’re sorry.
Sounds like the Bulls are going to wait for Derrick Rose to heal and stay with the guys they have pretty much, if this tweet from the reliable K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune is to be believed.
Hinrich drawing plenty of interest, emerging as Bulls’ top target. Gonna take more than vet’s minimum to get him and Bulls know it.
Don’t get me wrong, I like Hinrich. His three point shooting and solid defense make him a good fit with what the Bulls want to do, he can be a solid part of the rotation.
But this makes clear what the Bulls are planning. Which is to basically play the cards in their hand. I get that, it’s a good hand. But it may mean this year will be tough — Rose will not be back from his ACL surgery until likely around the first of the year, and even then the first year after an ACL injury tends to be a down one for players coming off that injury.
Maybe something changes, but the Bulls will be about defense and waiting for Rose.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 58
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 12
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32