Jul 3, 2012, 10:43 AM EDT
If Bulls fans were hoping to see their team get in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes or go after some other big name free agent, we’re sorry.
Sounds like the Bulls are going to wait for Derrick Rose to heal and stay with the guys they have pretty much, if this tweet from the reliable K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune is to be believed.
Hinrich drawing plenty of interest, emerging as Bulls’ top target. Gonna take more than vet’s minimum to get him and Bulls know it.
Don’t get me wrong, I like Hinrich. His three point shooting and solid defense make him a good fit with what the Bulls want to do, he can be a solid part of the rotation.
But this makes clear what the Bulls are planning. Which is to basically play the cards in their hand. I get that, it’s a good hand. But it may mean this year will be tough — Rose will not be back from his ACL surgery until likely around the first of the year, and even then the first year after an ACL injury tends to be a down one for players coming off that injury.
Maybe something changes, but the Bulls will be about defense and waiting for Rose.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36