Jul 3, 2012, 4:37 PM EDT
If you are a guy with some skills willing to play for the veterans’ minimum, the New Jersey Nets might be the team to hook up with — whatever happens with Dwight Howard they are loaded with big contracts and need some affordable talent.
Enter Adam Morrison.
The former No. 3 overall pick of the Bobcats, last season showing some confidence and playing well in Serbia, will play for the Nets in Summer League, reports Yahoo’s Marc Spears on twitter.
The Nets are looking for a few guys who can contribute while not costing much. There was a time when Adam Morrison could flat out shoot the rock. We’ll see for ourselves if things are different, but it’s a good Summer League look for the Nets. For Morrison, even if he doesn’t land the long shot and get back in the NBA, the real business of Summer League is guys getting good deals in Europe and he can try to do that.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4