Jul 3, 2012, 4:37 PM EDT
If you are a guy with some skills willing to play for the veterans’ minimum, the New Jersey Nets might be the team to hook up with — whatever happens with Dwight Howard they are loaded with big contracts and need some affordable talent.
Enter Adam Morrison.
The former No. 3 overall pick of the Bobcats, last season showing some confidence and playing well in Serbia, will play for the Nets in Summer League, reports Yahoo’s Marc Spears on twitter.
The Nets are looking for a few guys who can contribute while not costing much. There was a time when Adam Morrison could flat out shoot the rock. We’ll see for ourselves if things are different, but it’s a good Summer League look for the Nets. For Morrison, even if he doesn’t land the long shot and get back in the NBA, the real business of Summer League is guys getting good deals in Europe and he can try to do that.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85