Jul 3, 2012, 4:37 PM EST
If you are a guy with some skills willing to play for the veterans’ minimum, the New Jersey Nets might be the team to hook up with — whatever happens with Dwight Howard they are loaded with big contracts and need some affordable talent.
Enter Adam Morrison.
The former No. 3 overall pick of the Bobcats, last season showing some confidence and playing well in Serbia, will play for the Nets in Summer League, reports Yahoo’s Marc Spears on twitter.
The Nets are looking for a few guys who can contribute while not costing much. There was a time when Adam Morrison could flat out shoot the rock. We’ll see for ourselves if things are different, but it’s a good Summer League look for the Nets. For Morrison, even if he doesn’t land the long shot and get back in the NBA, the real business of Summer League is guys getting good deals in Europe and he can try to do that.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10