Jul 3, 2012, 4:37 PM EDT
If you are a guy with some skills willing to play for the veterans’ minimum, the New Jersey Nets might be the team to hook up with — whatever happens with Dwight Howard they are loaded with big contracts and need some affordable talent.
Enter Adam Morrison.
The former No. 3 overall pick of the Bobcats, last season showing some confidence and playing well in Serbia, will play for the Nets in Summer League, reports Yahoo’s Marc Spears on twitter.
The Nets are looking for a few guys who can contribute while not costing much. There was a time when Adam Morrison could flat out shoot the rock. We’ll see for ourselves if things are different, but it’s a good Summer League look for the Nets. For Morrison, even if he doesn’t land the long shot and get back in the NBA, the real business of Summer League is guys getting good deals in Europe and he can try to do that.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18