Jul 2, 2012, 9:58 AM EDT
To me, the question is what Jamal Crawford are you getting? Is it the 2010 version that was a feared gunner and Sixth Man of the Year who averaged 18 points a game, shot 38 percent from three and changed a contest when he stepped on the floor? Or, is it the 2012 version that could not find a fit in Portland, scored 14 points a game but shot just 38.4 percent overall and 10 percent from three?
At least six teams think they can get the 2010 version back at age 32 and jumped into the bidding process as soon as the free agency bell rang, reports Chris Hayes at CSNNW.com.
The Philadelphia 76ers, Phoenix Suns, Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics, and Indiana Pacers were the teams to contact unrestricted free agent Jamal Crawford as soon as July 1 hit, according to a person very close to the situation.
And I was just informed that the Minnesota Timberwolves called Crawford’s representatives as well.
Crawford opted out of a $5 million deal with the Blazers for next season to enter free agency. He’s not likely to make a lot more than that but can get the security of three or four years, depending on the offers.
On the court, Crawford would make a lot of sense with all those teams. Philly is looking for the next Lou Williams (another free agent), while every one of those other teams could use a two guard, maybe as a starter.
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 9
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 2
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 45
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 3
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23