Jul 2, 2012, 9:58 AM EDT
To me, the question is what Jamal Crawford are you getting? Is it the 2010 version that was a feared gunner and Sixth Man of the Year who averaged 18 points a game, shot 38 percent from three and changed a contest when he stepped on the floor? Or, is it the 2012 version that could not find a fit in Portland, scored 14 points a game but shot just 38.4 percent overall and 10 percent from three?
At least six teams think they can get the 2010 version back at age 32 and jumped into the bidding process as soon as the free agency bell rang, reports Chris Hayes at CSNNW.com.
The Philadelphia 76ers, Phoenix Suns, Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics, and Indiana Pacers were the teams to contact unrestricted free agent Jamal Crawford as soon as July 1 hit, according to a person very close to the situation.
And I was just informed that the Minnesota Timberwolves called Crawford’s representatives as well.
Crawford opted out of a $5 million deal with the Blazers for next season to enter free agency. He’s not likely to make a lot more than that but can get the security of three or four years, depending on the offers.
On the court, Crawford would make a lot of sense with all those teams. Philly is looking for the next Lou Williams (another free agent), while every one of those other teams could use a two guard, maybe as a starter.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 23
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (90)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1