Jul 2, 2012, 2:33 PM EDT
Do that in a contract year and you get paid… even if you’re not going to get paid as much as you think you should. Then again, who among us does get paid what we think we’re worth?
The Rockets want to keep Dragic, but they likely have to move Lowry to do it because Dragic has other suitors, reports Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
A source close to free-agent point guard Goran Dragic said the Raptors, Suns, Nets, Hornets, Lakers and Rockets have all expressed interest. The Rockets, for whom Dragic shined in the second half of last season, are said to be coming on the strongest. But Dragic, according to the source, has a serious interest in being part of a winning team and will consider that factor as much as the money. The source made it clear, however, that Dragic expects to be a starter for whichever team he joins.
The Rockets are looking to move Lowry, who said he was unhappy with coach Kevin McHale, but have not yet found a deal they like.
In the end, as always, this will come down to money. There are whispers that Dragic wants $10 million a year. So do I. About the same chance of it happening. The Lakers could provide a chance to be on a winning team but they can only offer $3 million per year. The Nets, Suns and Raptors can all offer more, but they will not be as good (the Nets are in flux, who knows what their roster looks like).
Best bet is he ends up back in Houston. But he has some leverage now in these talks.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 5
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 39
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?