Jul 2, 2012, 2:33 PM EDT
Do that in a contract year and you get paid… even if you’re not going to get paid as much as you think you should. Then again, who among us does get paid what we think we’re worth?
The Rockets want to keep Dragic, but they likely have to move Lowry to do it because Dragic has other suitors, reports Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
A source close to free-agent point guard Goran Dragic said the Raptors, Suns, Nets, Hornets, Lakers and Rockets have all expressed interest. The Rockets, for whom Dragic shined in the second half of last season, are said to be coming on the strongest. But Dragic, according to the source, has a serious interest in being part of a winning team and will consider that factor as much as the money. The source made it clear, however, that Dragic expects to be a starter for whichever team he joins.
The Rockets are looking to move Lowry, who said he was unhappy with coach Kevin McHale, but have not yet found a deal they like.
In the end, as always, this will come down to money. There are whispers that Dragic wants $10 million a year. So do I. About the same chance of it happening. The Lakers could provide a chance to be on a winning team but they can only offer $3 million per year. The Nets, Suns and Raptors can all offer more, but they will not be as good (the Nets are in flux, who knows what their roster looks like).
Best bet is he ends up back in Houston. But he has some leverage now in these talks.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11