Jul 2, 2012, 2:33 PM EST
Do that in a contract year and you get paid… even if you’re not going to get paid as much as you think you should. Then again, who among us does get paid what we think we’re worth?
The Rockets want to keep Dragic, but they likely have to move Lowry to do it because Dragic has other suitors, reports Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
A source close to free-agent point guard Goran Dragic said the Raptors, Suns, Nets, Hornets, Lakers and Rockets have all expressed interest. The Rockets, for whom Dragic shined in the second half of last season, are said to be coming on the strongest. But Dragic, according to the source, has a serious interest in being part of a winning team and will consider that factor as much as the money. The source made it clear, however, that Dragic expects to be a starter for whichever team he joins.
The Rockets are looking to move Lowry, who said he was unhappy with coach Kevin McHale, but have not yet found a deal they like.
In the end, as always, this will come down to money. There are whispers that Dragic wants $10 million a year. So do I. About the same chance of it happening. The Lakers could provide a chance to be on a winning team but they can only offer $3 million per year. The Nets, Suns and Raptors can all offer more, but they will not be as good (the Nets are in flux, who knows what their roster looks like).
Best bet is he ends up back in Houston. But he has some leverage now in these talks.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 14
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 11
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 34
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 18
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (46)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)