Jul 2, 2012, 10:28 PM EST
Marcus Camby is a big who can block shots in the paint, knock down the midrange jumper and play smart. There is real value in that.
Which is why there are a lot of teams interested in him. He’s narrowed down his list down tow six, reports Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com.
The unrestricted free-agent center, Marcus Camby, has narrowed his choices to the New York Knicks, Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, Boston Celtics, Dallas Mavericks and the Houston Rockets, a league source told CSNNW.com.
All of these teams and then some, called Camby’s agent, Rick Kaplan, shortly after July 1 hit, inquiring about his services, but at this point in his career, he’s primarily considering teams in contention for a championship, the same source said.
If it’s a contender, we can toss out the Rockets. Sorry Houston, nothing personal. Camby has played in New York before and he would back up Tyson Chandler and could run some pick and pop with Jeremy Lin and the second unit. In Miami he’s a fantastic sub for Chris Bosh and brings a little more defense if they need it. He’d fit perfectly in San Antonio and Boston as well.
The same report says Camby isn’t visiting with teams, as a 38 year old veteran he know the teams and what he is looking for already.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 5
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 13
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)