Jul 2, 2012, 10:28 PM EST
Marcus Camby is a big who can block shots in the paint, knock down the midrange jumper and play smart. There is real value in that.
Which is why there are a lot of teams interested in him. He’s narrowed down his list down tow six, reports Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com.
The unrestricted free-agent center, Marcus Camby, has narrowed his choices to the New York Knicks, Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, Boston Celtics, Dallas Mavericks and the Houston Rockets, a league source told CSNNW.com.
All of these teams and then some, called Camby’s agent, Rick Kaplan, shortly after July 1 hit, inquiring about his services, but at this point in his career, he’s primarily considering teams in contention for a championship, the same source said.
If it’s a contender, we can toss out the Rockets. Sorry Houston, nothing personal. Camby has played in New York before and he would back up Tyson Chandler and could run some pick and pop with Jeremy Lin and the second unit. In Miami he’s a fantastic sub for Chris Bosh and brings a little more defense if they need it. He’d fit perfectly in San Antonio and Boston as well.
The same report says Camby isn’t visiting with teams, as a 38 year old veteran he know the teams and what he is looking for already.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9