Jul 2, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points. Today, lots of free agency stuff.
• Michael Jordan’s son Marcus, who plays college ball for Central Florida, was arrested in Oklahoma City recently. And sounded like quite gentleman in doing so.
• Andrei Kirilenko and Nenad Krstic are not returning to CSKA Moscow, the team president confirmed. Both likely NBA bound. There have been rumors Kirilenko had a handshake deal with the Nets, but a few teams may be interested in both guys services.
• Look for the Pistons to be quiet through free agency.
• The Magic are trying to figure out how to keep J.J. Hickson.
• Minnesota is making a run at just about everyone.
• Amare Stoudemire is going to work out with Hakeem Olajuwon this summer, focusing on his post game.
• Pat Riley talks about the weight that the national hatred of the Miami Heat placed on the team.
• In case you missed it, the Bobcats have new uniforms for next season.
• Last week Senior Vice President of Referee Operations, Major General Ronald L. Johnson, stepped down. He was behind some of the tranparency measures in the last few years.
• The Dallas Mavericks will play a preseason game against Barcelona Regal Oct. 9 at the Palau Sant Jordi as part of the Mavs preseason jaunt to Europe. Got to figure out how to get NBC to send me to that game.
• Here is GQ’s Q&A with Anthony Davis.
• The lawsuit filed against the Lakers and others after a toddler fell from a luxury suite to his death inside Staples Center has been dismissed.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18