Jul 2, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points. Today, lots of free agency stuff.
• Michael Jordan’s son Marcus, who plays college ball for Central Florida, was arrested in Oklahoma City recently. And sounded like quite gentleman in doing so.
• Andrei Kirilenko and Nenad Krstic are not returning to CSKA Moscow, the team president confirmed. Both likely NBA bound. There have been rumors Kirilenko had a handshake deal with the Nets, but a few teams may be interested in both guys services.
• Look for the Pistons to be quiet through free agency.
• The Magic are trying to figure out how to keep J.J. Hickson.
• Minnesota is making a run at just about everyone.
• Amare Stoudemire is going to work out with Hakeem Olajuwon this summer, focusing on his post game.
• Pat Riley talks about the weight that the national hatred of the Miami Heat placed on the team.
• In case you missed it, the Bobcats have new uniforms for next season.
• Last week Senior Vice President of Referee Operations, Major General Ronald L. Johnson, stepped down. He was behind some of the tranparency measures in the last few years.
• The Dallas Mavericks will play a preseason game against Barcelona Regal Oct. 9 at the Palau Sant Jordi as part of the Mavs preseason jaunt to Europe. Got to figure out how to get NBC to send me to that game.
• Here is GQ’s Q&A with Anthony Davis.
• The lawsuit filed against the Lakers and others after a toddler fell from a luxury suite to his death inside Staples Center has been dismissed.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36