Jul 2, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
When you have a good young team, keep them together.
Terms of the deal are not yet known. So we can wait to decide if it is a good or bad deal long term, but as he is 25 the length of the deal should not be an issue.
Hill played a solid role off the bench for the Pacers last season, giving them 9.6 points per game and a PER of 15.7. His role really stepped up in the playoffs, with him playing 31 minutes a game, scoring 13.5 points per game and with a PER of 17. The Pacers are counting on having the playoff version of Hill going forward.
The biggest question for the Pacers now is Roy Hibbert — he is expected to sign a max offer sheet from the Portland Trail Blazers on July 11 (the first day you can sign a free agent). The Pacers will then have three days to match the offer or let him go. I really don’t see how they do not match. Hibbert is central to making the Pacers a contender.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14