Jul 2, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
When you have a good young team, keep them together.
Terms of the deal are not yet known. So we can wait to decide if it is a good or bad deal long term, but as he is 25 the length of the deal should not be an issue.
Hill played a solid role off the bench for the Pacers last season, giving them 9.6 points per game and a PER of 15.7. His role really stepped up in the playoffs, with him playing 31 minutes a game, scoring 13.5 points per game and with a PER of 17. The Pacers are counting on having the playoff version of Hill going forward.
The biggest question for the Pacers now is Roy Hibbert — he is expected to sign a max offer sheet from the Portland Trail Blazers on July 11 (the first day you can sign a free agent). The Pacers will then have three days to match the offer or let him go. I really don’t see how they do not match. Hibbert is central to making the Pacers a contender.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8