Jul 2, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
When you have a good young team, keep them together.
Terms of the deal are not yet known. So we can wait to decide if it is a good or bad deal long term, but as he is 25 the length of the deal should not be an issue.
Hill played a solid role off the bench for the Pacers last season, giving them 9.6 points per game and a PER of 15.7. His role really stepped up in the playoffs, with him playing 31 minutes a game, scoring 13.5 points per game and with a PER of 17. The Pacers are counting on having the playoff version of Hill going forward.
The biggest question for the Pacers now is Roy Hibbert — he is expected to sign a max offer sheet from the Portland Trail Blazers on July 11 (the first day you can sign a free agent). The Pacers will then have three days to match the offer or let him go. I really don’t see how they do not match. Hibbert is central to making the Pacers a contender.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Roy Hibbert believes Shane Battier’s knee to his groin in Game 1 was intentional (60)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million