Jul 2, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
When you have a good young team, keep them together.
Terms of the deal are not yet known. So we can wait to decide if it is a good or bad deal long term, but as he is 25 the length of the deal should not be an issue.
Hill played a solid role off the bench for the Pacers last season, giving them 9.6 points per game and a PER of 15.7. His role really stepped up in the playoffs, with him playing 31 minutes a game, scoring 13.5 points per game and with a PER of 17. The Pacers are counting on having the playoff version of Hill going forward.
The biggest question for the Pacers now is Roy Hibbert — he is expected to sign a max offer sheet from the Portland Trail Blazers on July 11 (the first day you can sign a free agent). The Pacers will then have three days to match the offer or let him go. I really don’t see how they do not match. Hibbert is central to making the Pacers a contender.
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 3
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1