Jul 2, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
When you have a good young team, keep them together.
Terms of the deal are not yet known. So we can wait to decide if it is a good or bad deal long term, but as he is 25 the length of the deal should not be an issue.
Hill played a solid role off the bench for the Pacers last season, giving them 9.6 points per game and a PER of 15.7. His role really stepped up in the playoffs, with him playing 31 minutes a game, scoring 13.5 points per game and with a PER of 17. The Pacers are counting on having the playoff version of Hill going forward.
The biggest question for the Pacers now is Roy Hibbert — he is expected to sign a max offer sheet from the Portland Trail Blazers on July 11 (the first day you can sign a free agent). The Pacers will then have three days to match the offer or let him go. I really don’t see how they do not match. Hibbert is central to making the Pacers a contender.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29