Jul 2, 2012, 1:09 AM EST
Ben Gordon will not be part of host Great Britain’s basketball team at the Olympics.
After a draft night trade from the Pistons to the Bobcats, the London-born Gordon told British coach Chris Spice he couldn’t commit to them. Spice, understandably, told the Associated Press he was not thrilled.
Spice says “It’s really disappointing as he’s a world-class player who would have made a huge difference.”
Gordon has never played for Great Britain. However, in a tournament where the hosts are wildly overmatched they certainly could have used his scoring.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 18
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 34
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (63)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)