Jul 2, 2012, 1:09 AM EDT
Ben Gordon will not be part of host Great Britain’s basketball team at the Olympics.
After a draft night trade from the Pistons to the Bobcats, the London-born Gordon told British coach Chris Spice he couldn’t commit to them. Spice, understandably, told the Associated Press he was not thrilled.
Spice says “It’s really disappointing as he’s a world-class player who would have made a huge difference.”
Gordon has never played for Great Britain. However, in a tournament where the hosts are wildly overmatched they certainly could have used his scoring.
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 4
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 4
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 7
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 44
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 30