Jul 2, 2012, 1:09 AM EST
Ben Gordon will not be part of host Great Britain’s basketball team at the Olympics.
After a draft night trade from the Pistons to the Bobcats, the London-born Gordon told British coach Chris Spice he couldn’t commit to them. Spice, understandably, told the Associated Press he was not thrilled.
Spice says “It’s really disappointing as he’s a world-class player who would have made a huge difference.”
Gordon has never played for Great Britain. However, in a tournament where the hosts are wildly overmatched they certainly could have used his scoring.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 2
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 3
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 41
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9