Jul 2, 2012, 1:09 AM EDT
Ben Gordon will not be part of host Great Britain’s basketball team at the Olympics.
After a draft night trade from the Pistons to the Bobcats, the London-born Gordon told British coach Chris Spice he couldn’t commit to them. Spice, understandably, told the Associated Press he was not thrilled.
Spice says “It’s really disappointing as he’s a world-class player who would have made a huge difference.”
Gordon has never played for Great Britain. However, in a tournament where the hosts are wildly overmatched they certainly could have used his scoring.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 4
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 21
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 8
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 8
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 18