Jul 1, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Last week, excerpts from a new book on the 1992 Dream Team were released and in them Clyde Drexler said that people on the team and in the league pitied Magic Johnson and were “waiting for him to die.” Drexler denied making those comments but I’m not buying that — the author is one of the nation’s most respected journalists and Drexler has said some wild stuff before.
Above is a video interview with Magic Johnson where he is told of and responds to the comment.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10