Jul 1, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Last week, excerpts from a new book on the 1992 Dream Team were released and in them Clyde Drexler said that people on the team and in the league pitied Magic Johnson and were “waiting for him to die.” Drexler denied making those comments but I’m not buying that — the author is one of the nation’s most respected journalists and Drexler has said some wild stuff before.
Above is a video interview with Magic Johnson where he is told of and responds to the comment.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 23
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19