Jul 1, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
Last week, excerpts from a new book on the 1992 Dream Team were released and in them Clyde Drexler said that people on the team and in the league pitied Magic Johnson and were “waiting for him to die.” Drexler denied making those comments but I’m not buying that — the author is one of the nation’s most respected journalists and Drexler has said some wild stuff before.
Above is a video interview with Magic Johnson where he is told of and responds to the comment.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 2
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44