Jun 29, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
It is an annual tradition, like overpriced water at the Coachella music festival.
Fans at the NBA Draft boo NBA Commissioner David Stern with gusto.
Stern seems amused by it and starts trolling the crowd, really dragging out the “champion Miami Heat” line and at one point putting up his hand to his ear like Hulk Hogan. It was vintage Stern.
Of course, later the crowd goes crazy for Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver, showering him with love. As if Silver had not been the hardliner from management during the NBA labor negotiations last summer.
I can’t wait until three years from now when we can boo Silver and wildly cheer whoever his No. 2 is.
Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14