Jun 29, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
It is an annual tradition, like overpriced water at the Coachella music festival.
Fans at the NBA Draft boo NBA Commissioner David Stern with gusto.
Stern seems amused by it and starts trolling the crowd, really dragging out the “champion Miami Heat” line and at one point putting up his hand to his ear like Hulk Hogan. It was vintage Stern.
Of course, later the crowd goes crazy for Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver, showering him with love. As if Silver had not been the hardliner from management during the NBA labor negotiations last summer.
I can’t wait until three years from now when we can boo Silver and wildly cheer whoever his No. 2 is.
Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie.
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 14
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0