Jun 29, 2012, 1:12 PM EST
It is an annual tradition, like overpriced water at the Coachella music festival.
Fans at the NBA Draft boo NBA Commissioner David Stern with gusto.
Stern seems amused by it and starts trolling the crowd, really dragging out the “champion Miami Heat” line and at one point putting up his hand to his ear like Hulk Hogan. It was vintage Stern.
Of course, later the crowd goes crazy for Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver, showering him with love. As if Silver had not been the hardliner from management during the NBA labor negotiations last summer.
I can’t wait until three years from now when we can boo Silver and wildly cheer whoever his No. 2 is.
Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)