Jun 29, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
It is an annual tradition, like overpriced water at the Coachella music festival.
Fans at the NBA Draft boo NBA Commissioner David Stern with gusto.
Stern seems amused by it and starts trolling the crowd, really dragging out the “champion Miami Heat” line and at one point putting up his hand to his ear like Hulk Hogan. It was vintage Stern.
Of course, later the crowd goes crazy for Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver, showering him with love. As if Silver had not been the hardliner from management during the NBA labor negotiations last summer.
I can’t wait until three years from now when we can boo Silver and wildly cheer whoever his No. 2 is.
Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34