Jun 29, 2012, 1:12 PM EST
It is an annual tradition, like overpriced water at the Coachella music festival.
Fans at the NBA Draft boo NBA Commissioner David Stern with gusto.
Stern seems amused by it and starts trolling the crowd, really dragging out the “champion Miami Heat” line and at one point putting up his hand to his ear like Hulk Hogan. It was vintage Stern.
Of course, later the crowd goes crazy for Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver, showering him with love. As if Silver had not been the hardliner from management during the NBA labor negotiations last summer.
I can’t wait until three years from now when we can boo Silver and wildly cheer whoever his No. 2 is.
Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 15
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 17
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30