Jun 29, 2012, 9:04 PM EST
Popular Duke player Kyle Singler — well, at least with Duke fans, Duke players are never popular elsewhere — is going to get his chance to impress Joe Dumars and the Pistons this summer through workouts and Summer League, the team announced.
The Pistons drafted the 6’8” swingman in the second round of the 2011 draft, but during the lockout Singler went to play in Spain. When the lockout ended he stayed.
There is no guarantee he will make the team but he will be part of the Piston’s Summer League team and almost certainly will get an invite to training camp.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9