Jun 29, 2012, 9:04 PM EDT
Popular Duke player Kyle Singler — well, at least with Duke fans, Duke players are never popular elsewhere — is going to get his chance to impress Joe Dumars and the Pistons this summer through workouts and Summer League, the team announced.
The Pistons drafted the 6’8” swingman in the second round of the 2011 draft, but during the lockout Singler went to play in Spain. When the lockout ended he stayed.
There is no guarantee he will make the team but he will be part of the Piston’s Summer League team and almost certainly will get an invite to training camp.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 20
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7