Jun 29, 2012, 9:04 PM EDT
Popular Duke player Kyle Singler — well, at least with Duke fans, Duke players are never popular elsewhere — is going to get his chance to impress Joe Dumars and the Pistons this summer through workouts and Summer League, the team announced.
The Pistons drafted the 6’8” swingman in the second round of the 2011 draft, but during the lockout Singler went to play in Spain. When the lockout ended he stayed.
There is no guarantee he will make the team but he will be part of the Piston’s Summer League team and almost certainly will get an invite to training camp.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7