Jun 28, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
As tends to happen in the hours before the draft, all kinds of trade buzz is out there… but this time there seems some real fire behind the smoke. We likely will see some trades in the top 5 of the draft.
Specifically if the Cavaliers have anything to say about it.
The Bobcats have the No. 2 pick and we told you earlier today they were debating between five offers. That is now down to two finalists, reports Chris Broussard at ESPN.
sources: Charlotte talking with Cavs and Rockets about trading #2 pick. not sure if teams making separate offers or if it’s a 3-way trade.
The Cavaliers had previously offered the No. 4 and the No. 24 (or some second round picks) for the No. 2.
But that’s not all the Cavaliers are looking at, Broussard tweets.
Cleveland has discussed dealing Anderson Varejao for No. 7 (Warriors) and No. 12 (Rockets)
If Cleveland had the No. 4 and the No. 12, would that be enough to get the No. 2 out of Charlotte? And do the Cavaliers really want Bradley Beal that badly?
A lot of questions to be answered in the next couple of hours.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 9
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 46
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16