Jun 28, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
As tends to happen in the hours before the draft, all kinds of trade buzz is out there… but this time there seems some real fire behind the smoke. We likely will see some trades in the top 5 of the draft.
Specifically if the Cavaliers have anything to say about it.
The Bobcats have the No. 2 pick and we told you earlier today they were debating between five offers. That is now down to two finalists, reports Chris Broussard at ESPN.
sources: Charlotte talking with Cavs and Rockets about trading #2 pick. not sure if teams making separate offers or if it’s a 3-way trade.
The Cavaliers had previously offered the No. 4 and the No. 24 (or some second round picks) for the No. 2.
But that’s not all the Cavaliers are looking at, Broussard tweets.
Cleveland has discussed dealing Anderson Varejao for No. 7 (Warriors) and No. 12 (Rockets)
If Cleveland had the No. 4 and the No. 12, would that be enough to get the No. 2 out of Charlotte? And do the Cavaliers really want Bradley Beal that badly?
A lot of questions to be answered in the next couple of hours.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shone 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 0
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 9
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 15
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8