Jun 28, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
As tends to happen in the hours before the draft, all kinds of trade buzz is out there… but this time there seems some real fire behind the smoke. We likely will see some trades in the top 5 of the draft.
Specifically if the Cavaliers have anything to say about it.
The Bobcats have the No. 2 pick and we told you earlier today they were debating between five offers. That is now down to two finalists, reports Chris Broussard at ESPN.
sources: Charlotte talking with Cavs and Rockets about trading #2 pick. not sure if teams making separate offers or if it’s a 3-way trade.
The Cavaliers had previously offered the No. 4 and the No. 24 (or some second round picks) for the No. 2.
But that’s not all the Cavaliers are looking at, Broussard tweets.
Cleveland has discussed dealing Anderson Varejao for No. 7 (Warriors) and No. 12 (Rockets)
If Cleveland had the No. 4 and the No. 12, would that be enough to get the No. 2 out of Charlotte? And do the Cavaliers really want Bradley Beal that badly?
A lot of questions to be answered in the next couple of hours.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 24
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29