Jun 28, 2012, 6:40 PM EST
As tends to happen in the hours before the draft, all kinds of trade buzz is out there… but this time there seems some real fire behind the smoke. We likely will see some trades in the top 5 of the draft.
Specifically if the Cavaliers have anything to say about it.
The Bobcats have the No. 2 pick and we told you earlier today they were debating between five offers. That is now down to two finalists, reports Chris Broussard at ESPN.
sources: Charlotte talking with Cavs and Rockets about trading #2 pick. not sure if teams making separate offers or if it’s a 3-way trade.
The Cavaliers had previously offered the No. 4 and the No. 24 (or some second round picks) for the No. 2.
But that’s not all the Cavaliers are looking at, Broussard tweets.
Cleveland has discussed dealing Anderson Varejao for No. 7 (Warriors) and No. 12 (Rockets)
If Cleveland had the No. 4 and the No. 12, would that be enough to get the No. 2 out of Charlotte? And do the Cavaliers really want Bradley Beal that badly?
A lot of questions to be answered in the next couple of hours.
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 4
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 40
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28