Jun 28, 2012, 1:53 PM EDT
A year ago, everybody in the second round of the NBA Draft was saying “we want to find our DeJuan Blair.”
Now, they can have the real DeJuan Blair because the San Antonio Spurs are shopping him around, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Spurs are shopping forward DeJuan Blair, league sources tell Y! Spurs have Euro picks they could bring over next season, need roster space.
This really isn’t a shock as Blair slipped out of the Spurs rotation more and more as the season wore on and especially in the playoffs. There were matchups where he was effective, but his role had been reduced.
There should be a market for him — he scored 9.5 points on 53 percent shooting and grabbed 14.8 percent of the available rebounds when he was on the floor. He’s an above average four who can give a team 20-25 quality minutes a night and he’s still on his rookie deal. A lot of teams could use that.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 16
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10