Jun 28, 2012, 1:53 PM EST
A year ago, everybody in the second round of the NBA Draft was saying “we want to find our DeJuan Blair.”
Now, they can have the real DeJuan Blair because the San Antonio Spurs are shopping him around, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Spurs are shopping forward DeJuan Blair, league sources tell Y! Spurs have Euro picks they could bring over next season, need roster space.
This really isn’t a shock as Blair slipped out of the Spurs rotation more and more as the season wore on and especially in the playoffs. There were matchups where he was effective, but his role had been reduced.
There should be a market for him — he scored 9.5 points on 53 percent shooting and grabbed 14.8 percent of the available rebounds when he was on the floor. He’s an above average four who can give a team 20-25 quality minutes a night and he’s still on his rookie deal. A lot of teams could use that.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 6
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 12
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20