Jun 28, 2012, 1:53 PM EDT
A year ago, everybody in the second round of the NBA Draft was saying “we want to find our DeJuan Blair.”
Now, they can have the real DeJuan Blair because the San Antonio Spurs are shopping him around, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Spurs are shopping forward DeJuan Blair, league sources tell Y! Spurs have Euro picks they could bring over next season, need roster space.
This really isn’t a shock as Blair slipped out of the Spurs rotation more and more as the season wore on and especially in the playoffs. There were matchups where he was effective, but his role had been reduced.
There should be a market for him — he scored 9.5 points on 53 percent shooting and grabbed 14.8 percent of the available rebounds when he was on the floor. He’s an above average four who can give a team 20-25 quality minutes a night and he’s still on his rookie deal. A lot of teams could use that.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 8
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 13
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 21
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 88
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 22