Jun 28, 2012, 1:53 PM EDT
A year ago, everybody in the second round of the NBA Draft was saying “we want to find our DeJuan Blair.”
Now, they can have the real DeJuan Blair because the San Antonio Spurs are shopping him around, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Spurs are shopping forward DeJuan Blair, league sources tell Y! Spurs have Euro picks they could bring over next season, need roster space.
This really isn’t a shock as Blair slipped out of the Spurs rotation more and more as the season wore on and especially in the playoffs. There were matchups where he was effective, but his role had been reduced.
There should be a market for him — he scored 9.5 points on 53 percent shooting and grabbed 14.8 percent of the available rebounds when he was on the floor. He’s an above average four who can give a team 20-25 quality minutes a night and he’s still on his rookie deal. A lot of teams could use that.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 0
- Truth too much for Heat, Brooklyn knocks off Miami 12
- PBT Extra: Talking Andrew Bynum’s arrival, Trail Blazers’ stumble 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant has “no interest” in playing for Mike D’Antoni next season 38
- Kobe expects to be old self again next season, expects Lakers’ front office to fix team fast 31