Jun 28, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
I’m higher on North Carolina’s shot-blocking forward John Henson than most, or at least most not wearing powder blue.
And if he falls to No. 9, which is highly likely, look for the Detroit Pistons to grab him, reports the Detroit Free Press.
Henson is the likely pick. The Pistons like his makeup and, despite concerns about his frame, he was able to gain nearly 40 pounds during his three seasons at North Carolina, so he figures to put the work in. He projects to be a plus defender, and with shot-blocking at a premium with the way the game is called now, Henson figures to be a contributor.
You can see Henson as a defensive and rebounding force next to Greg Monroe, them making a solid pairing going forward. Build from defense. Henson also showed offensive improvement each year at UNC and while he’s still raw he could develop into a respectable player at that end of the floor.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14