Jun 28, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
I’m higher on North Carolina’s shot-blocking forward John Henson than most, or at least most not wearing powder blue.
And if he falls to No. 9, which is highly likely, look for the Detroit Pistons to grab him, reports the Detroit Free Press.
Henson is the likely pick. The Pistons like his makeup and, despite concerns about his frame, he was able to gain nearly 40 pounds during his three seasons at North Carolina, so he figures to put the work in. He projects to be a plus defender, and with shot-blocking at a premium with the way the game is called now, Henson figures to be a contributor.
You can see Henson as a defensive and rebounding force next to Greg Monroe, them making a solid pairing going forward. Build from defense. Henson also showed offensive improvement each year at UNC and while he’s still raw he could develop into a respectable player at that end of the floor.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28