Jun 28, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
Earlier in the day it was the Dallas Morning News that broke the news the deal was in place. But it was contingent upon Mo Williams picking up his $8.5 million option for next season.
Williams will do that Friday, a source told the AP. Multiple reports say the deal not yet final because Williams picking up the option not yet official, but it will be by Friday.
It is not known yet whether the Clippers will keep Odom, who could provide versatile depth off the bench behind Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan, or if they will buy him out on Friday. Odom is owned $8.2 million next season but can be bought out for $2.4 million. While you can say the Clippers can use him on the court, don’t underestimate owner Donald Sterling trying to save money.
Mo Williams returns to the team that drafted him in Utah, where they could use his scoring.
Dallas ends the Lamar Odom saga that did not go well for them. Odom never mentally got in a place to play for the Mavericks, setting them back this year as they needed his spark off the bench.
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 0
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 10
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 13
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10