Jun 28, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
Earlier in the day it was the Dallas Morning News that broke the news the deal was in place. But it was contingent upon Mo Williams picking up his $8.5 million option for next season.
Williams will do that Friday, a source told the AP. Multiple reports say the deal not yet final because Williams picking up the option not yet official, but it will be by Friday.
It is not known yet whether the Clippers will keep Odom, who could provide versatile depth off the bench behind Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan, or if they will buy him out on Friday. Odom is owned $8.2 million next season but can be bought out for $2.4 million. While you can say the Clippers can use him on the court, don’t underestimate owner Donald Sterling trying to save money.
Mo Williams returns to the team that drafted him in Utah, where they could use his scoring.
Dallas ends the Lamar Odom saga that did not go well for them. Odom never mentally got in a place to play for the Mavericks, setting them back this year as they needed his spark off the bench.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 7
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6