Jun 28, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
Earlier in the day it was the Dallas Morning News that broke the news the deal was in place. But it was contingent upon Mo Williams picking up his $8.5 million option for next season.
Williams will do that Friday, a source told the AP. Multiple reports say the deal not yet final because Williams picking up the option not yet official, but it will be by Friday.
It is not known yet whether the Clippers will keep Odom, who could provide versatile depth off the bench behind Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan, or if they will buy him out on Friday. Odom is owned $8.2 million next season but can be bought out for $2.4 million. While you can say the Clippers can use him on the court, don’t underestimate owner Donald Sterling trying to save money.
Mo Williams returns to the team that drafted him in Utah, where they could use his scoring.
Dallas ends the Lamar Odom saga that did not go well for them. Odom never mentally got in a place to play for the Mavericks, setting them back this year as they needed his spark off the bench.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)