Jun 28, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
Earlier in the day it was the Dallas Morning News that broke the news the deal was in place. But it was contingent upon Mo Williams picking up his $8.5 million option for next season.
Williams will do that Friday, a source told the AP. Multiple reports say the deal not yet final because Williams picking up the option not yet official, but it will be by Friday.
It is not known yet whether the Clippers will keep Odom, who could provide versatile depth off the bench behind Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan, or if they will buy him out on Friday. Odom is owned $8.2 million next season but can be bought out for $2.4 million. While you can say the Clippers can use him on the court, don’t underestimate owner Donald Sterling trying to save money.
Mo Williams returns to the team that drafted him in Utah, where they could use his scoring.
Dallas ends the Lamar Odom saga that did not go well for them. Odom never mentally got in a place to play for the Mavericks, setting them back this year as they needed his spark off the bench.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49