Jun 28, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
Earlier in the day it was the Dallas Morning News that broke the news the deal was in place. But it was contingent upon Mo Williams picking up his $8.5 million option for next season.
Williams will do that Friday, a source told the AP. Multiple reports say the deal not yet final because Williams picking up the option not yet official, but it will be by Friday.
It is not known yet whether the Clippers will keep Odom, who could provide versatile depth off the bench behind Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan, or if they will buy him out on Friday. Odom is owned $8.2 million next season but can be bought out for $2.4 million. While you can say the Clippers can use him on the court, don’t underestimate owner Donald Sterling trying to save money.
Mo Williams returns to the team that drafted him in Utah, where they could use his scoring.
Dallas ends the Lamar Odom saga that did not go well for them. Odom never mentally got in a place to play for the Mavericks, setting them back this year as they needed his spark off the bench.
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 1
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24