Jun 28, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
The Bulls have a point guard — that Derrick Rose guy is pretty good. But whenever he returns from his ACL rehab, he will be the man.
But who will be the backup? Next season and long term?
This report from Vin Parise of the NBC Sports Network may answer that.
According to league sources, the Chicago Bulls are drafting Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas tonight with the 29th pick — backup for Derrick Rose
This could be a good fit. Taylor is a very athletic combo guard and is one of the best defensive guards in this draft, which you know Tom Thibodeau likes. Taylor also reportedly did will in workouts for teams. However, he had better improve is decision making and limit turnovers if he wants to stay on the court. A steady jump shot would be nice, too.
It will be interesting to see what this means for C.J. Watson and free agency for the Bulls. They may still need someone of quality while they wait at least a month and maybe much more for Rose to return.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 13
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29