Jun 28, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
The Bulls have a point guard — that Derrick Rose guy is pretty good. But whenever he returns from his ACL rehab, he will be the man.
But who will be the backup? Next season and long term?
This report from Vin Parise of the NBC Sports Network may answer that.
According to league sources, the Chicago Bulls are drafting Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas tonight with the 29th pick — backup for Derrick Rose
This could be a good fit. Taylor is a very athletic combo guard and is one of the best defensive guards in this draft, which you know Tom Thibodeau likes. Taylor also reportedly did will in workouts for teams. However, he had better improve is decision making and limit turnovers if he wants to stay on the court. A steady jump shot would be nice, too.
It will be interesting to see what this means for C.J. Watson and free agency for the Bulls. They may still need someone of quality while they wait at least a month and maybe much more for Rose to return.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 10
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29