Jun 28, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
The Bulls have a point guard — that Derrick Rose guy is pretty good. But whenever he returns from his ACL rehab, he will be the man.
But who will be the backup? Next season and long term?
This report from Vin Parise of the NBC Sports Network may answer that.
According to league sources, the Chicago Bulls are drafting Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas tonight with the 29th pick — backup for Derrick Rose
This could be a good fit. Taylor is a very athletic combo guard and is one of the best defensive guards in this draft, which you know Tom Thibodeau likes. Taylor also reportedly did will in workouts for teams. However, he had better improve is decision making and limit turnovers if he wants to stay on the court. A steady jump shot would be nice, too.
It will be interesting to see what this means for C.J. Watson and free agency for the Bulls. They may still need someone of quality while they wait at least a month and maybe much more for Rose to return.
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 0
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 42
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 64
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26