Jun 28, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
The Bulls have a point guard — that Derrick Rose guy is pretty good. But whenever he returns from his ACL rehab, he will be the man.
But who will be the backup? Next season and long term?
This report from Vin Parise of the NBC Sports Network may answer that.
According to league sources, the Chicago Bulls are drafting Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas tonight with the 29th pick — backup for Derrick Rose
This could be a good fit. Taylor is a very athletic combo guard and is one of the best defensive guards in this draft, which you know Tom Thibodeau likes. Taylor also reportedly did will in workouts for teams. However, he had better improve is decision making and limit turnovers if he wants to stay on the court. A steady jump shot would be nice, too.
It will be interesting to see what this means for C.J. Watson and free agency for the Bulls. They may still need someone of quality while they wait at least a month and maybe much more for Rose to return.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14