Jun 28, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
The Bulls have a point guard — that Derrick Rose guy is pretty good. But whenever he returns from his ACL rehab, he will be the man.
But who will be the backup? Next season and long term?
This report from Vin Parise of the NBC Sports Network may answer that.
According to league sources, the Chicago Bulls are drafting Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas tonight with the 29th pick — backup for Derrick Rose
This could be a good fit. Taylor is a very athletic combo guard and is one of the best defensive guards in this draft, which you know Tom Thibodeau likes. Taylor also reportedly did will in workouts for teams. However, he had better improve is decision making and limit turnovers if he wants to stay on the court. A steady jump shot would be nice, too.
It will be interesting to see what this means for C.J. Watson and free agency for the Bulls. They may still need someone of quality while they wait at least a month and maybe much more for Rose to return.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50