Jun 28, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
Bradley Beal may well be the No. 2 overall pick in this draft, but the question is will it be the Bobcats that take him or some other team.
On one hand, you have this tweet from David Aldridge of NBA.com and TNT:
Source: Bobcats have five legit offers they’re currently exploring to trade the second pick overall in tonight’s NBA Draft.
But do the Bobcats like those offers? As we told you before, the price for the No. 2 pick has seemed to be that the team also must take on the contract of Tyrus Thomas, who Charlotte wants to move. Which led to this tweet from Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
I keep hearing from other teams the price#Bobcats set to move down is too high. Unless that changes, expect them to stay at No. 2
Lots of gamesmanship here. Clearly the Bobcats are trying to send the message that they have options and if nobody steps up to their demands they will just keep the pick.
But when push comes to shove, would they really turn down Cleveland’s offer of the No. 4 and No. 24 for the No. 2 (the Bobcats would still be able to get one of Thomas Robinson, Harrison Barnes or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist)? We will see.
My guess is one way or another someone other than Charlotte will be picking No. 2. GM Rich Cho is trying to draw a better offer, but in the end he will take the one he likes best.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6