Jun 28, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
Bradley Beal may well be the No. 2 overall pick in this draft, but the question is will it be the Bobcats that take him or some other team.
On one hand, you have this tweet from David Aldridge of NBA.com and TNT:
Source: Bobcats have five legit offers they’re currently exploring to trade the second pick overall in tonight’s NBA Draft.
But do the Bobcats like those offers? As we told you before, the price for the No. 2 pick has seemed to be that the team also must take on the contract of Tyrus Thomas, who Charlotte wants to move. Which led to this tweet from Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
I keep hearing from other teams the price#Bobcats set to move down is too high. Unless that changes, expect them to stay at No. 2
Lots of gamesmanship here. Clearly the Bobcats are trying to send the message that they have options and if nobody steps up to their demands they will just keep the pick.
But when push comes to shove, would they really turn down Cleveland’s offer of the No. 4 and No. 24 for the No. 2 (the Bobcats would still be able to get one of Thomas Robinson, Harrison Barnes or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist)? We will see.
My guess is one way or another someone other than Charlotte will be picking No. 2. GM Rich Cho is trying to draw a better offer, but in the end he will take the one he likes best.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28