Jun 28, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
Bradley Beal may well be the No. 2 overall pick in this draft, but the question is will it be the Bobcats that take him or some other team.
On one hand, you have this tweet from David Aldridge of NBA.com and TNT:
Source: Bobcats have five legit offers they’re currently exploring to trade the second pick overall in tonight’s NBA Draft.
But do the Bobcats like those offers? As we told you before, the price for the No. 2 pick has seemed to be that the team also must take on the contract of Tyrus Thomas, who Charlotte wants to move. Which led to this tweet from Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
I keep hearing from other teams the price#Bobcats set to move down is too high. Unless that changes, expect them to stay at No. 2
Lots of gamesmanship here. Clearly the Bobcats are trying to send the message that they have options and if nobody steps up to their demands they will just keep the pick.
But when push comes to shove, would they really turn down Cleveland’s offer of the No. 4 and No. 24 for the No. 2 (the Bobcats would still be able to get one of Thomas Robinson, Harrison Barnes or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist)? We will see.
My guess is one way or another someone other than Charlotte will be picking No. 2. GM Rich Cho is trying to draw a better offer, but in the end he will take the one he likes best.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 7
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 1
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 39
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 24
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 15
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay