Jun 28, 2012, 2:19 PM EST
The recruitment of Deron Williams is picking up steam, and we haven’t even gotten to July 1 yet.
The Nets put a big billboard wishing Williams a happy birthday in front of his house. Delonte West has been on twitter trying to recruit Williams to Boston despite the fact West himself is now a free agent who may well not be back in Dallas.
“I’m anxious. We’d love to get D-Will (Deron Williams) in here. That’s no secret. If you look at the league now, if you look at those top teams, they all have two or three playmakers you can hand the ball to and they do their thing. We just need to get better….
He’s a good dude. He’s a competitor. He’s one of the one of the best point guards in this league. He’s athletic. He can shoot. He can get to the basket. He can pass. He’s a great all-around weapon. We’d love to have him run the show here. We’ll see what he decides. I hope we have a good shot.”
Even the Mavericks front office seems to think Williams is leaning toward Brooklyn, but I think he’s going to meet with both and give both sides a real chance to win him over. But he has consistently said he wants to make a fast decision so that is not hanging over him during the Olympics, and Team USA camp opens July 5.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 8
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0