Jun 28, 2012, 2:19 PM EDT
The recruitment of Deron Williams is picking up steam, and we haven’t even gotten to July 1 yet.
The Nets put a big billboard wishing Williams a happy birthday in front of his house. Delonte West has been on twitter trying to recruit Williams to Boston despite the fact West himself is now a free agent who may well not be back in Dallas.
“I’m anxious. We’d love to get D-Will (Deron Williams) in here. That’s no secret. If you look at the league now, if you look at those top teams, they all have two or three playmakers you can hand the ball to and they do their thing. We just need to get better….
He’s a good dude. He’s a competitor. He’s one of the one of the best point guards in this league. He’s athletic. He can shoot. He can get to the basket. He can pass. He’s a great all-around weapon. We’d love to have him run the show here. We’ll see what he decides. I hope we have a good shot.”
Even the Mavericks front office seems to think Williams is leaning toward Brooklyn, but I think he’s going to meet with both and give both sides a real chance to win him over. But he has consistently said he wants to make a fast decision so that is not hanging over him during the Olympics, and Team USA camp opens July 5.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 20
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10