Jun 28, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
All speculation about where Steve Nash will land as a free agent shares one major flaw — Steve Nash doesn’t know yet.
No doubt he has some preliminary thoughts, but speaking at his annual charity soccer game in New York he wasn’t really spilling any information. Via Marc Spears of Yahoo.
“You can go down the line of teams and possibilities and you can list a bunch of pros,” Nash said. “But it will be interesting to see what actually transpires on [Sunday] and see how they rank in my mind.”
But one thing he let out — don’t expect him to go to Brooklyn and pair with Deron Williams on the Nets (as some had suggested).
When asked if the Knicks or Nets were a better option, Nash said: “Right now the Knicks. Maybe in the few years the Nets.”
Nash is 38, he’s not thinking about a few years from now.
Nash said nice things about the Knicks, he called the idea of playing for the Raptors “exciting.”
But if you made me bet today, I’d still bet Steve Nash is a Sun come the start of next season. And he certainly praised them as well.
“Phoenix has been home for 10 years,” Nash said. “It’s a very important place for me. I’m a Phoenix Sun. I still am to this day. It’s definitely still possible. We’ll see what happens.”
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 3
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 29
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat, Pacers go to overtime in Game 1
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games