Jun 28, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
All speculation about where Steve Nash will land as a free agent shares one major flaw — Steve Nash doesn’t know yet.
No doubt he has some preliminary thoughts, but speaking at his annual charity soccer game in New York he wasn’t really spilling any information. Via Marc Spears of Yahoo.
“You can go down the line of teams and possibilities and you can list a bunch of pros,” Nash said. “But it will be interesting to see what actually transpires on [Sunday] and see how they rank in my mind.”
But one thing he let out — don’t expect him to go to Brooklyn and pair with Deron Williams on the Nets (as some had suggested).
When asked if the Knicks or Nets were a better option, Nash said: “Right now the Knicks. Maybe in the few years the Nets.”
Nash is 38, he’s not thinking about a few years from now.
Nash said nice things about the Knicks, he called the idea of playing for the Raptors “exciting.”
But if you made me bet today, I’d still bet Steve Nash is a Sun come the start of next season. And he certainly praised them as well.
“Phoenix has been home for 10 years,” Nash said. “It’s a very important place for me. I’m a Phoenix Sun. I still am to this day. It’s definitely still possible. We’ll see what happens.”
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 58
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 12
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32