Jun 28, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
All speculation about where Steve Nash will land as a free agent shares one major flaw — Steve Nash doesn’t know yet.
No doubt he has some preliminary thoughts, but speaking at his annual charity soccer game in New York he wasn’t really spilling any information. Via Marc Spears of Yahoo.
“You can go down the line of teams and possibilities and you can list a bunch of pros,” Nash said. “But it will be interesting to see what actually transpires on [Sunday] and see how they rank in my mind.”
But one thing he let out — don’t expect him to go to Brooklyn and pair with Deron Williams on the Nets (as some had suggested).
When asked if the Knicks or Nets were a better option, Nash said: “Right now the Knicks. Maybe in the few years the Nets.”
Nash is 38, he’s not thinking about a few years from now.
Nash said nice things about the Knicks, he called the idea of playing for the Raptors “exciting.”
But if you made me bet today, I’d still bet Steve Nash is a Sun come the start of next season. And he certainly praised them as well.
“Phoenix has been home for 10 years,” Nash said. “It’s a very important place for me. I’m a Phoenix Sun. I still am to this day. It’s definitely still possible. We’ll see what happens.”
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 3
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 9
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 29
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6