Jun 28, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
I’m not even going to get into the hypocrisy here, not going to say “mama there goes that man,” and just report it as news… well, except for that comment.
The FBI has broken up and extortion scheme targeting Warriors coach Mark Jackson, perpetrated by a former stripper with a criminal record.
The Smoking Gun has the details (and documents), but reportedly six years ago Jackson and the woman in question had an affair during which time he sent nude photos of himself to her. Guys, that always, always backfires.
Here are the details (hat tip to The Big Lead).
The shakedown scheme, which was foiled by the FBI with Jackson’s cooperation, resulted this week in the arrest of Alexis Adams, the former dancer, and her alleged co-conspirator, ex-convict Marcus Shaw….
A business associate of Jackson told TSG that he spoke this morning with the coach, who confirmed his involvement in the FBI investigation, and that his family and Warriors brass were aware of the federal probe.
The compromising photos were sent by Jackson to Adams about six years ago during the course of an affair that lasted less than a year, according to affidavit sworn by FBI Agent Beth Alvarez. Some of the images showed Jackson “without any clothing and of (his) genitalia.”
Shaw used the photos as well as voice mail recordings from during the affair to demand money from Jackson. Jackson paid at first ($5,000 the first time) but the demands didn’t stop so it was Jackson who went to police. From there the FBI got involved and the sting was soon broken. If you want all the details, the Smoking Gun has them.
Jackson is the former ABC/ESPN color analyst who left the booth last year to become the head coach of the Warriors. He also is a minister with a church in the Los Angeles area. He has been married for 22 years and has four children.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49