Jun 28, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
I’m not even going to get into the hypocrisy here, not going to say “mama there goes that man,” and just report it as news… well, except for that comment.
The FBI has broken up and extortion scheme targeting Warriors coach Mark Jackson, perpetrated by a former stripper with a criminal record.
The Smoking Gun has the details (and documents), but reportedly six years ago Jackson and the woman in question had an affair during which time he sent nude photos of himself to her. Guys, that always, always backfires.
Here are the details (hat tip to The Big Lead).
The shakedown scheme, which was foiled by the FBI with Jackson’s cooperation, resulted this week in the arrest of Alexis Adams, the former dancer, and her alleged co-conspirator, ex-convict Marcus Shaw….
A business associate of Jackson told TSG that he spoke this morning with the coach, who confirmed his involvement in the FBI investigation, and that his family and Warriors brass were aware of the federal probe.
The compromising photos were sent by Jackson to Adams about six years ago during the course of an affair that lasted less than a year, according to affidavit sworn by FBI Agent Beth Alvarez. Some of the images showed Jackson “without any clothing and of (his) genitalia.”
Shaw used the photos as well as voice mail recordings from during the affair to demand money from Jackson. Jackson paid at first ($5,000 the first time) but the demands didn’t stop so it was Jackson who went to police. From there the FBI got involved and the sting was soon broken. If you want all the details, the Smoking Gun has them.
Jackson is the former ABC/ESPN color analyst who left the booth last year to become the head coach of the Warriors. He also is a minister with a church in the Los Angeles area. He has been married for 22 years and has four children.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18