Jun 28, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
I’m not even going to get into the hypocrisy here, not going to say “mama there goes that man,” and just report it as news… well, except for that comment.
The FBI has broken up and extortion scheme targeting Warriors coach Mark Jackson, perpetrated by a former stripper with a criminal record.
The Smoking Gun has the details (and documents), but reportedly six years ago Jackson and the woman in question had an affair during which time he sent nude photos of himself to her. Guys, that always, always backfires.
Here are the details (hat tip to The Big Lead).
The shakedown scheme, which was foiled by the FBI with Jackson’s cooperation, resulted this week in the arrest of Alexis Adams, the former dancer, and her alleged co-conspirator, ex-convict Marcus Shaw….
A business associate of Jackson told TSG that he spoke this morning with the coach, who confirmed his involvement in the FBI investigation, and that his family and Warriors brass were aware of the federal probe.
The compromising photos were sent by Jackson to Adams about six years ago during the course of an affair that lasted less than a year, according to affidavit sworn by FBI Agent Beth Alvarez. Some of the images showed Jackson “without any clothing and of (his) genitalia.”
Shaw used the photos as well as voice mail recordings from during the affair to demand money from Jackson. Jackson paid at first ($5,000 the first time) but the demands didn’t stop so it was Jackson who went to police. From there the FBI got involved and the sting was soon broken. If you want all the details, the Smoking Gun has them.
Jackson is the former ABC/ESPN color analyst who left the booth last year to become the head coach of the Warriors. He also is a minister with a church in the Los Angeles area. He has been married for 22 years and has four children.
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 27
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 14
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 35
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 13
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 22
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (107)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead