Mark Jackson reportedly blackmailed by ex-stripper with nude photos

Jun 28, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT

mark-jacksonwarriors

I’m not even going to get into the hypocrisy here, not going to say “mama there goes that man,” and just report it as news… well, except for that comment.

The FBI has broken up and extortion scheme targeting Warriors coach Mark Jackson, perpetrated by a former stripper with a criminal record.

The Smoking Gun has the details (and documents), but reportedly six years ago Jackson and the woman in question had an affair during which time he sent nude photos of himself to her. Guys, that always, always backfires.

Here are the details (hat tip to The Big Lead).

The shakedown scheme, which was foiled by the FBI with Jackson’s cooperation, resulted this week in the arrest of Alexis Adams, the former dancer, and her alleged co-conspirator, ex-convict Marcus Shaw….

A business associate of Jackson told TSG that he spoke this morning with the coach, who confirmed his involvement in the FBI investigation, and that his family and Warriors brass were aware of the federal probe.

The compromising photos were sent by Jackson to Adams about six years ago during the course of an affair that lasted less than a year, according to affidavit sworn by FBI Agent Beth Alvarez. Some of the images showed Jackson “without any clothing and of (his) genitalia.”

Shaw used the photos as well as voice mail recordings from during the affair to demand money from Jackson. Jackson paid at first ($5,000 the first time) but the demands didn’t stop so it was Jackson who went to police. From there the FBI got involved and the sting was soon broken. If you want all the details, the Smoking Gun has them.

Jackson and the Warriors have released statements on the issue.

Jackson is the former ABC/ESPN color analyst who left the booth last year to become the head coach of the Warriors. He also is a minister with a church in the Los Angeles area. He has been married for 22 years and has four children.

1. drewzducks - Jun 28, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Where to start…

2. acdc363 - Jun 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM

She find pictures in my email….

3. fm31970 - Jun 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

What’s the big deal?

Sincerely,

Brett Favre

4. slippyal2 - Jun 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Mama, there goes that man

5. joshm5683 - Jun 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Grown man move

6. rick1v - Jun 28, 2012 at 1:54 PM

oh, Oscar Dela Hoya feels your pain Mark.

• rick1v - Jun 28, 2012 at 1:55 PM

by the way, “Hand Down! Man Down!”

• delfi2 - Jun 28, 2012 at 4:29 PM

@rick1v. now that is funny!

7. censoredpost - Jun 28, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Ahh another fine Christian… Do as I say not as I do. Maybe his wife knew or was into it but I doubt it. That being said People who claim they talk to god are liars, he is one of them. Skygods are imaginary friends for grown ups. That is all.

• hgulkkcaj - Jun 28, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Nobody is perfect – that’s what Christianity is based upon. Everyone has sin in their life. I am a Christian and sin every day! The beauty of faith in Jesus is that if I confess my sin, He will forgive my sin and wash me clean, and essentially grant me eternal life in Heaven; though I don’t deserve it. God’s grace is sufficient.

• soflasfinest - Jun 28, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Amen brother!

• 10tender - Jul 3, 2012 at 2:55 PM

So as to sin is acceptable as long as it is forgiven? hgulkkcaj That is a weak assesment and weak religious recourse.

8. dysraw1 - Jun 28, 2012 at 2:44 PM

if you have a few extra dollars in your pocket, then the idea of extramarital affairs should be eliminated from your mind and i guess its not hard to figure that any man can be the victim of a gold digger whether he be preacher or president we all have egos and libido.

9. knightrider1755 - Jun 28, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Say it ain’t so Mark. You’re better than that!

10. dgbk - Jun 28, 2012 at 3:02 PM

@ censored

Jackson never came across as a know it all i talk to God christian. why so much anger?

After a bad season plus this Jackson is more than likely on the hot seat. I doubt another lottery season will do.

• blackandbluedivision - Jun 28, 2012 at 3:21 PM

He’s pastor of the True Love Worship Center International in California.

• steelcitywhitty - Jun 29, 2012 at 8:40 AM

He started the church in March 2009 several years after the affair.

• blackandbluedivision - Jun 29, 2012 at 10:45 AM

That’s not the point. @dgbk said he never “came across as a know it all i talk to God christian.” So my point was how does he not come across that way when he started his own church and is the pastor?

• censoredpost - Jun 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Because I am tired of the ” I can do what I want and god will forgive me” attitude. It’s an excuse to be an SOB, you have the ultimate “get out of jail free” card. I have no problem with Christ ( son of god, not supply side)… It is his followers I have a problem with… They are so un-Christ like.

11. thetooloftools - Jun 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM

This is so wrong. How stupid can one man be?
    Use Skype.. it’s so much safer and nobody knows nuttin’.
    Signed
    T.O.

• blackandbluedivision - Jun 29, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Ask Amar’e Stoudemire about taking screen grabs. Not as safe as you think. I think it was Brandon Spikes, of the NE Patriots, who had a video released of he and his girlfriend…having relations on Chat Roulette. It was recorded right off the internet.

12. pistolpete0903 - Jun 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Zing!!!!!

13. TeamBalco - Jun 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Perfect Coach for my Warriors.

Woodson, D'Antoni's coaching futures