Jun 28, 2012, 10:59 PM EST
Arnett Moultrie, the 6’11” power forward out of Mississippi State, was projected as a late-lottery or mid-first-round pick in most experts’ mock drafts. The Suns selected Kendall Marshall at 13, but had enough interest in Moultrie that they had him in for a second workout last week.
Despite the reported level of interest, Moultrie ended up dropping down the board a bit, falling all the way to the world champion Miami Heat at 27.
Since the Heat aren’t exactly looking to develop young talent at this point, they dealt Moultrie to the 76ers in exchange for the 45th pick in this year’s draft, along with a future first-rounder.
The Sixers selected Mo Harkless from St. John’s with the 15th overall pick earlier in the evening, and still have one more pick to go at 54 before the night is through.
Again, Moultrie was projected higher in the weeks leading up to the draft, so Philadelphia may have scored some value here. Hardly a blockbuster deal by any standard, but it’s a small move on a night devoid of any big ones thus far, so we’re passing it along.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9