Jun 28, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
Arnett Moultrie, the 6’11″ power forward out of Mississippi State, was projected as a late-lottery or mid-first-round pick in most experts’ mock drafts. The Suns selected Kendall Marshall at 13, but had enough interest in Moultrie that they had him in for a second workout last week.
Despite the reported level of interest, Moultrie ended up dropping down the board a bit, falling all the way to the world champion Miami Heat at 27.
Since the Heat aren’t exactly looking to develop young talent at this point, they dealt Moultrie to the 76ers in exchange for the 45th pick in this year’s draft, along with a future first-rounder.
The Sixers selected Mo Harkless from St. John’s with the 15th overall pick earlier in the evening, and still have one more pick to go at 54 before the night is through.
Again, Moultrie was projected higher in the weeks leading up to the draft, so Philadelphia may have scored some value here. Hardly a blockbuster deal by any standard, but it’s a small move on a night devoid of any big ones thus far, so we’re passing it along.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 0
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?