Jun 28, 2012, 8:42 AM EDT
Family has to take priority.
It does for Doc Rivers, who is not going to be in the Celtics draft war room during the NBA Draft Thursday night, he’s going to be hanging with his lottery pick son Austin. That’s what Celtics GM Danny Ainge told the AP.
“(Rivers is heading to New York with Austin,” general manager Danny Ainge said Wednesday, “which is where he should be….
“He’s in a happy place,” Ainge said at the team’s workout facility. “He’s loose and laid back and playing golf.”
It’s really not that big a deal, Ainge is making the call on the pick anyway. If he wants Rivers’ opinion he has his cell number.
The Celtics have the No. 21 and 22 picks, and they have floated around the idea of trading those. But more likely the Celtics use those picks — they have just four guys under contract for next year and if they bring back Kevin Garnett, and go get a veteran or two, they could use some affordable rookies to fill out the roster.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13