Jun 27, 2012, 9:19 AM EDT
David Letterman is a Midwestern boy — born in the basketball state of Indiana, attended college at Ball State. From the day of “the decision” Letterman sounded like a lot of Americans who were frustrated with LeBron James and Letterman poked at him in his monologues.
When LeBron strolled onto his stage Tuesday night, Letterman didn’t back off: “Now that you’ve got this out of your system, are you ready to go back to Cleveland and play some ball?” LeBron laughed and said right now he’s not playing ball anywhere. Letterman said he was furious at LeBron and talked about it for a while, LeBron handled the questions pretty well.
The interview also talked Heat, cramping in the finals and the upcoming London Olympics.
Hat tip to HoopsHype.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65