Jun 27, 2012, 4:05 PM EDT
The Houston Rockets keep making moves and trading up the draft board, and you know they are aiming for something bigger. And the Milwaukee Bucks helped them out with a trade I don’t really get for them.
The unstoppable force that is Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports broke the trade on twitter and it goes down like this:
The Rockets now own the numbers 12, 16 and 18 picks in the first round plus have pieces like Kyle Lowry and Kevin Martin they can move, as well as some cap room. They are setting up the pieces to make a big move — reports are they ideally want a shot at Dwight Howard but that’s not likely before the draft. But Josh Smith or some other good players are.
Plus, the Rockets get a nice young big man in Leuer, who in his rookie season last year was solid (PER of 15.3, shot 50 percent) when he got on the floor. He was very inconsistently used but there was promise. Of course, the Rockets are loaded with forward. In Livingston the Rockets add a backup point.
That’s a lot for the Bucks to give up to go down two spots. Yes, they needed a big man, ideally a defensive minded one, after trading away Andrew Bogut, and they get that in the undersized but hard working Dalembert. But Dalembert is not going to provide points either (maybe that’s fine with Scott Skiles) and he’s not a pick-and-roll big like you might want to pair with Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis in the back court. Why give up Leuer and depth to get him and go down two spots? I don’t love it.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43