Jun 27, 2012, 4:05 PM EST
The Houston Rockets keep making moves and trading up the draft board, and you know they are aiming for something bigger. And the Milwaukee Bucks helped them out with a trade I don’t really get for them.
The unstoppable force that is Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports broke the trade on twitter and it goes down like this:
The Rockets now own the numbers 12, 16 and 18 picks in the first round plus have pieces like Kyle Lowry and Kevin Martin they can move, as well as some cap room. They are setting up the pieces to make a big move — reports are they ideally want a shot at Dwight Howard but that’s not likely before the draft. But Josh Smith or some other good players are.
Plus, the Rockets get a nice young big man in Leuer, who in his rookie season last year was solid (PER of 15.3, shot 50 percent) when he got on the floor. He was very inconsistently used but there was promise. Of course, the Rockets are loaded with forward. In Livingston the Rockets add a backup point.
That’s a lot for the Bucks to give up to go down two spots. Yes, they needed a big man, ideally a defensive minded one, after trading away Andrew Bogut, and they get that in the undersized but hard working Dalembert. But Dalembert is not going to provide points either (maybe that’s fine with Scott Skiles) and he’s not a pick-and-roll big like you might want to pair with Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis in the back court. Why give up Leuer and depth to get him and go down two spots? I don’t love it.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)