Jun 27, 2012, 4:05 PM EDT
The Houston Rockets keep making moves and trading up the draft board, and you know they are aiming for something bigger. And the Milwaukee Bucks helped them out with a trade I don’t really get for them.
The unstoppable force that is Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports broke the trade on twitter and it goes down like this:
The Rockets now own the numbers 12, 16 and 18 picks in the first round plus have pieces like Kyle Lowry and Kevin Martin they can move, as well as some cap room. They are setting up the pieces to make a big move — reports are they ideally want a shot at Dwight Howard but that’s not likely before the draft. But Josh Smith or some other good players are.
Plus, the Rockets get a nice young big man in Leuer, who in his rookie season last year was solid (PER of 15.3, shot 50 percent) when he got on the floor. He was very inconsistently used but there was promise. Of course, the Rockets are loaded with forward. In Livingston the Rockets add a backup point.
That’s a lot for the Bucks to give up to go down two spots. Yes, they needed a big man, ideally a defensive minded one, after trading away Andrew Bogut, and they get that in the undersized but hard working Dalembert. But Dalembert is not going to provide points either (maybe that’s fine with Scott Skiles) and he’s not a pick-and-roll big like you might want to pair with Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis in the back court. Why give up Leuer and depth to get him and go down two spots? I don’t love it.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 40
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4